All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-10-2008, 12:32 PM

Thombose is on a distinguished road
Active memory

Hi owners of a 9300
Lately, sitting in class of university I leaned over my bench with my cellphone in my pocket...when I looked at it later (to see if I had got some messages) I noticed that the front lcd screen looked weird....there was a huge breach in it from top to bottom en spreaking from bottom up it was partially black and at the other places it seemed as if the crystals where trown apart....so ok, over and out for the front lcd.....(I saw on internet that you can buy one for like 20 bucks, but I don't have the screwdrivers for TorxPlus) but yeah, shit happens....however, lately phone was in my pocket and when I took it out, i noticed light on the front lcd screen, so I had touched my front keyboard accidentally( keyboard lock was not on :s)...and suddenly no names were connected to my messages, but only numbers, except for SIM-card numbers....so, i guess active memory was changed tot 'SIM' and that sucks .....now, what I wanted to know, is there any way to change active memory using only communicatorinterface? if not, could please someone post here a tutorial to change it via front panel (like, push middle button, press up 4 times, press middle button, press down 3 times,....) to change the active memory back to phonememory???

Thanx a lot in advance,
Cheerz,
Tom
Ads

Old 05-10-2008, 06:28 PM

rdcinhou is on a distinguished road
I don't know of any way to set this internally through the inside-phone interface.

[assuming outside phone is unlocked here is the key sequence to change from SIM card to Telephone memory]

Center button
(wait 2 seconds)
down-down-down
center button
down
center button

now press "End-call" and you're done!

Good Luck...I love my 9300b and can't imagine changing phones to anything else (Windows Mobile, Symbian 60) as it would be a "step-down" in total functionality.