All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 19-03-2007, 01:47 PM
JB1968

Two-way video call?

Can someone pls confirm if the E65 is equipped with two-way face to face video call? The Nokia website says it does. But many reviews say it does not.

Old 19-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Feature Pack 1 is a software upgrade, its not an essential by any means.

The E65 has no front facing camera so video calling is one way only. You can choose a picture to show the other person.

Old 24-03-2007, 05:43 AM
djoehnnie

stereo headset

is there any compatible stereo headset for e65? cause i checked the nokia website and they do not have any alternative headset beside the mono headset in the pack.

Old 27-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Angry fonts on e65

the fonts on the e65 are a disgrace - they are so small virtually unreadable!!
NOKIA SAYS THAT THE FONTS ARE NOT CHANGAABLE.

what is apoint of video calling function with no front facing camera?

this model sucks

Old 27-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Rasu

Is worth of buying Nokia E65?

Friends is this Nokia E65 is worth of buying. nokia says that we cannot install few softwares which we use for nokia 6600 segments. nokia says 3rd edition is little advanced n wil help to use for future softwares, is it true?

how its performance slow or avg speed?

Old 27-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Question Memory support

I have a Nokia N80 with TomTom mobile on a mini SD card. Will the E65 support mini SD as i've heard it accepts Micro SD instead.

Old 30-03-2007, 08:47 AM
AndyZumn

VoIP

Also good is that you can use the E65 with challengermobile to make VoIP calls. They configure all the settings over the air automatically when you sign up.

B Rgds
Andy

Old 03-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up E65 - VoIP tested

I have just recently purchased this phone. I am traveling in Asia now and wanted to buy a phone which would support my US VoIP number.

This phone seems to have done the trick. I am able to receive and make calls using my US number when ever I have Wi-Fi coverage.

I using "Zingotel" my number is 206.xxx.xxxx. It was easy to setup and works like a charm. Nokia could improve the antenna so it had better reception for Wi-Fi. Then again maybe that would drain the battery too quickly.

I know my phone does not support the US 3G but it does not matter as it is a dual band and has wi-fi. With so many free Wi-Fi spots in the US and Canada who needs 3G? When Wi-Fi is free for the most part.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Rasu

Nokia E65 good

just today i bought Nokia E65. before buying it i was confused with nokia site comparision section, wen i click to list only WiFi models, E65 dint appear n i was confused. then i have enquired with few and bought it...

Just today i tested it in my office Wifi, it works perfect.

friend dont confuse with nokia comparision while checking nokia E65 for WiFi. bcos WiFi works in E65.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

I use BH-800 and BH-900 bluetooth headsets and the reception is terrible, a lot of static and not much range. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so is there a fix?

Old 17-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Al85

Question challengermobile

Great review! My handset is in the post. Quick question, does the challenger mobile service offer free calls to other phones when in wifi hotspots or am i getting it wrong. Living in london docklands (full of wi fi ) if it does ill halve my bills

Old 23-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Sceptor

Slide action

It seems a little funny to me, that theres always a comment on this phone not having a grip or button for easy opening/closing of the phone.. (They say you need to touch the screen or that the keypad gets scratches..)
One tip for you all, the rubberish sides of the phone might just be designed for you all to easily open/close (and there won't be any scratches, nor fingerprints on the screen..)
Anyways; a great business phone! works for near everything, and i coudn't care less if there is no flash for the camera, who cares about the camera anyway?

Old 24-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up kate

can i jus say i lurve ure dog.. so sweet. i have this fone and completly love it. wud recomend to NE1 5***

Old 25-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

to djoehnnie - headset

I had the stereo headset that came with my Nokia N70.
This works fine with the E65.

Flightlessdragon

Old 25-04-2007, 10:19 PM
wea0

Uh, one question: In order to switch from and to silent mode, do I have to slide it open, press # and close it again? Or can I simply switch to silent while the phone is closed?