All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-02-2007, 08:34 PM

marrrin is on a distinguished road
Problem installing TomTom Navigator 6

Hi!

I just recently bought the TomTom Navigator v6 (DVD) but i can't seem to get the software installed on any of my phones. I started up with a Nokia N80 with no luck. When I insert the SD card in the phone and start to install I get several error messages (It's in Norwegian so i try to translate it ).
1: TomTom navigator Version 6.02(7900) s so far so good and I continue
2: This program is not compatible with this phone. - I choose to continue anyway
3: Component UIQ30ProductID is missing. Continue anyway? - Once more i choose to contine
4: Then the installation progress bar seems to go all the way, but then i get an error message that says "Can't install"

The exact same thing happends on both my N73 and my N80. I boughtthe software justa couple a days ago, andsince then i've upgraded to the latest firmware on both my phones. Since many of you in this forum seems to have installed the program without any problems i hope that someone can help me.

--
Martin
Oslo,Norway

Old 09-02-2007, 09:01 PM

zac2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrrin View Post
Hi!

I just recently bought the TomTom Navigator v6 (DVD) but i can't seem to get the software installed on any of my phones. I started up with a Nokia N80 with no luck. When I insert the SD card in the phone and start to install I get several error messages (It's in Norwegian so i try to translate it ).
1: TomTom navigator Version 6.02(7900) s so far so good and I continue
2: This program is not compatible with this phone. - I choose to continue anyway
3: Component UIQ30ProductID is missing. Continue anyway? - Once more i choose to contine
4: Then the installation progress bar seems to go all the way, but then i get an error message that says "Can't install"

The exact same thing happends on both my N73 and my N80. I boughtthe software justa couple a days ago, andsince then i've upgraded to the latest firmware on both my phones. Since many of you in this forum seems to have installed the program without any problems i hope that someone can help me.

--
Martin
Oslo,Norway

TomTom Navigator 6 is compatible with both the N73 and N80. You must surely be using the wrong version.

If you bought the software from TomTom or official supplier go back and they will sort your problem out. Ebay buyers beware.

This daft BB will not let me post a link until I have 10 posts so stick the normal internet address stuff before this.
tomtom.com/products/features.php?ID=260&Category=2&Lid=1

Old 09-02-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac2 View Post
TomTom Navigator 6 is compatible with both the N73 and N80. You must surely be using the wrong version.

If you bought the software from TomTom or official supplier go back and they will sort your problem out. Ebay buyers beware.

This daft BB will not let me post a link until I have 10 posts so stick the normal internet address stuff before this.
tomtom.com/products/features.php?ID=260&Category=2&Lid=1

I bought the software from an official supplier at my office, but they deliver by mail and im pretty determined to get the thing working this weekend (Hate when I can't get my gadgets to work :-)

I have a couple of more questions you might be able to sort out for me. When I insert my SD card in the card reader and open TomTom Home-> Install to TomTom. Under Application there are options, but just one that's possible to choose, TomTom application for Symbian UIQ 3rd edition mobiles. Perhaps the problem is here? TomTom application for S60 is deactivated and when i hold the cursor over it it says This item is not suitable for your TomTom device. How the h&% does it know that as long as i justhave the memory card installed?

I have also tried to format the SD card, tried another comuter with another memorycard reader but i get the same options in TomTom home and same fault when i try to install the app on my phone. This is going to be a frustrating weekend. . .

Old 10-02-2007, 02:27 AM

lovesign is on a distinguished road
Quote:
3: Component UIQ30ProductID is missing. Continue anyway?
This part should be concerning you. Your N73 & N80 are not UIQ devices, they are Symbian Series60 3rd Edition. Are you trying to install the correct version ?

I Hate People Who Take Drugs.....

Customs Men For Example

V 22.0.110
(Custom Version 22.0.110.C01.01)
11-06-10
RM-505
Nokia N97

v 21.0.004
(Custom Version 21.0.004.209.03)
01-07-2010
RM-559
Nokia X6-00

6110 > 7110 > 6210i > 8210 > 7650 > 6600 > 6680 > N73 > N95 > 5800> N97 > X6

Old 10-02-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesign View Post
This part should be concerning you. Your N73 & N80 are not UIQ devices, they are Symbian Series60 3rd Edition. Are you trying to install the correct version ?
The problem occurs when i try to install the software from TomTom home. The ony version TomTom home allows me to install to my SD card is the UIQ version. The Symbian Series60 3rd edition says that my TomTom Device is not compatible. Could this in anyway be caused by the SD card or the memory reader itself?

Is it any other manual installation option to get the correct Series 60 software to the SD card?

Old 10-02-2007, 04:40 PM

zac2 is on a distinguished road
Try the method described on this thread: Sorry I still have not enough posts to be considered Link worthy so you will need to add the usual address start

pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=51858

Old 10-02-2007, 04:57 PM

lovesign is on a distinguished road
Quite strange as I have installed TomTom Nav 6 to my N73 and I also did the install for a friend of mine with his N80 and had no problems whatsoever. No messages saying that it wasn't compatible.

I Hate People Who Take Drugs.....

Customs Men For Example

V 22.0.110
(Custom Version 22.0.110.C01.01)
11-06-10
RM-505
Nokia N97

v 21.0.004
(Custom Version 21.0.004.209.03)
01-07-2010
RM-559
Nokia X6-00

6110 > 7110 > 6210i > 8210 > 7650 > 6600 > 6680 > N73 > N95 > 5800> N97 > X6

Old 10-02-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac2 View Post
Try the method described on this thread: Sorry I still have not enough posts to be considered Link worthy so you will need to add the usual address start

pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=51858
I've seen that tip in som other threads but on my DVD its not the same folders as listed in the link you sendt me. Here are the folders on my DVD with TomTom Navigator6 DVD.

app
install TomTom
licenses
manual
maps
raster
voices
Zip

Any other suggestions?

Old 10-02-2007, 06:55 PM

voith driver is on a distinguished road
hi,
i cannot vouch for the dvd method, because i got mine elsewhere, but those having problems getting the files onto a n73, i also had this problem using either nokia suite and tomtom home, so i came across this tip, and that was providing you can communicate with your phone via the suite, was to, when you plug the lead in you have the choice of assorted modes, the default is usually nokia suite, but i used mass storage, and i have found for myself that this is the preferred method for transferring files
hope this helps
voith

Old 11-02-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voith driver View Post
hi,
i cannot vouch for the dvd method, because i got mine elsewhere, but those having problems getting the files onto a n73, i also had this problem using either nokia suite and tomtom home, so i came across this tip, and that was providing you can communicate with your phone via the suite, was to, when you plug the lead in you have the choice of assorted modes, the default is usually nokia suite, but i used mass storage, and i have found for myself that this is the preferred method for transferring files
hope this helps
voith
Ok, I connect my phone to the computer via mass storage settings. But im still clueless to what files and folders to transfer, or wether to put the files in the phone memory or on the SD card.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:30 PM

It's working!!!!

Thanks a lot for all the tips i received during all my problems trying to install TomTom Navigator on my phone.

Im not at all happy with how much trouble i had to go through to get the damn thing to work, but who cares now that it actualle works:-)

Im going to take a moment to explain the steps i had to go through to solve my problem.

I tried the tip i got from voith driver and connected my phone in mass storage mode. First i tried it on my home computer, running on Vista home premium, but there was no way the computer wanted to connect to my phone in mass storage mode, even running the latest version of Noka connection drivers. Then i tried my work laptop, running Win XP SP2. No problem at all connecting in mass storage mode. I hade to make som qualified guessing and ended up unpacking and transferring all the files from the DVD>App>ttn.Symbian_6.101.cab

After i transferred these files i, for the first time this weekend, got a TomTom icon on my phone! My expectations rose to a whole new level at that point:-)
Then i tried to go on with the installation but it stopped since i hadn't any language or map files installed. I once more tried to manually transer the files but it didn't work. At this point i was really getting angry and both the TomTom DVD and my new N73 phone was pretty close to getting demolished...

Started all over again. I formatted the SD card, transfered the ttn.Symbian_6.101.cab to the root of my SD card. I then removed the SD card and inserted it into my card reader. TomTom home now showed that the S 60 app was located on my SD card and my hopes went up again. But as i tried to install voices and maps TomTom home just wouldn't let me: It kept saying that my device was incompatible. I then tried to change connection mode to UIQ option and suddenly I was able to install both voices and maps!?!?!? Totally strang in my opinion but i kept on going.

After installing maps and voices i put the SD card in my phone and crossed my fingers. Started TomTom and to my relief the setup was suddenly working! I connected my Nokia GPS and finally the whole thing worked as intended.

It has been a frustrating weekend, but it's great when it finally works!

Thanks again for the quick responses i received from you guys! Couldn't have made it without you. I'm sure i'm going to use this forum alot from now on.

PS: Can't wait to hear what TomTom support recomends me after a couple of days:-)

Old 09-08-2007, 12:49 AM

Wwaleedjan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's working!!!!

Thanks a lot for all the tips i received during all my problems trying to install TomTom Navigator on my phone.

Im not at all happy with how much trouble i had to go through to get the damn thing to work, but who cares now that it actualle works:-)

Im going to take a moment to explain the steps i had to go through to solve my problem.

I tried the tip i got from voith driver and connected my phone in mass storage mode. First i tried it on my home computer, running on Vista home premium, but there was no way the computer wanted to connect to my phone in mass storage mode, even running the latest version of Noka connection drivers. Then i tried my work laptop, running Win XP SP2. No problem at all connecting in mass storage mode. I hade to make som qualified guessing and ended up unpacking and transferring all the files from the DVD>App>ttn.Symbian_6.101.cab

After i transferred these files i, for the first time this weekend, got a TomTom icon on my phone! My expectations rose to a whole new level at that point:-)
Then i tried to go on with the installation but it stopped since i hadn't any language or map files installed. I once more tried to manually transer the files but it didn't work. At this point i was really getting angry and both the TomTom DVD and my new N73 phone was pretty close to getting demolished...

Started all over again. I formatted the SD card, transfered the ttn.Symbian_6.101.cab to the root of my SD card. I then removed the SD card and inserted it into my card reader. TomTom home now showed that the S 60 app was located on my SD card and my hopes went up again. But as i tried to install voices and maps TomTom home just wouldn't let me: It kept saying that my device was incompatible. I then tried to change connection mode to UIQ option and suddenly I was able to install both voices and maps!?!?!? Totally strang in my opinion but i kept on going.

After installing maps and voices i put the SD card in my phone and crossed my fingers. Started TomTom and to my relief the setup was suddenly working! I connected my Nokia GPS and finally the whole thing worked as intended.

It has been a frustrating weekend, but it's great when it finally works!

Thanks again for the quick responses i received from you guys! Couldn't have made it without you. I'm sure i'm going to use this forum alot from now on.

PS: Can't wait to hear what TomTom support recomends me after a couple of days:-)
can you explain the last part
I then tried to change connection mode to UIQ option , how you do this
Ads

Old 15-09-2008, 09:35 PM

alex007 is on a distinguished road
hello marrrin i have the same problem that u ve been goin through.could u explane please how to conect my device n73 in mass storage mode?please help me to sort my problem out thanx