All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Nokia N80

Old 17-07-2006, 04:51 AM

_Dx_ is on a distinguished road
Lol this thread again

well no offence but, U can plug ur phone to charger over nights and u wont see the the little light, and if u dont wanna charge it just put a clothe over it and u wont see it, come on it is not anoying, stop complaining about it

cheers

Dx

Old 17-07-2006, 07:43 AM

kooks is on a distinguished road
Just turn the phone off...problem solved!

Old 17-07-2006, 10:21 AM

Mistoffelees is on a distinguished road
If you use Taskman you can see this application called blinkingled
in the Applications list.
Maybe if you try to terminate that your LED stops blinking.
I'd rather not try it out myself, have no experience with stopping
system processes in SymbianOS but it sounds kinda logical.

Old 17-07-2006, 10:25 AM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoffelees
If you use Taskman you can see this application called blinkingled
in the Applications list.
Maybe if you try to terminate that your LED stops blinking.
I'd rather not try it out myself, have no experience with stopping
system processes in SymbianOS but it sounds kinda logical.
Hehe, I am tempted to have a go because I like to play, but I dont have an issue with it so I think I will just leave it for somebody else to try...just in case .

Old 17-07-2006, 10:49 AM

cah1982 is on a distinguished road
it can be anoying i mean in my far room i have a netgear router with flashing leds , but thats quite sothing as at least one led is always on. but my scart switch had a ultra bright led whoch did my nut in so i took the thing apart, and reangled the leds downwards , so now its just a soothing blue .

the thing i find most annoying with this fone at night is if u have the fone on charge , u can be laid in bed seeing the blue flash, but then the screen turns on when the charge is complete so i think ive got a text or somet.

Old 17-07-2006, 10:54 AM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cah1982
it can be anoying i mean in my far room i have a netgear router with flashing leds , but thats quite sothing as at least one led is always on. but my scart switch had a ultra bright led whoch did my nut in so i took the thing apart, and reangled the leds downwards , so now its just a soothing blue .

the thing i find most annoying with this fone at night is if u have the fone on charge , u can be laid in bed seeing the blue flash, but then the screen turns on when the charge is complete so i think ive got a text or somet.
I dont see the blue flash when my phone is on charge, with the charger pluged in the phone doesn't go into sleep mode, and therefore the blue light doesn't come on, and also I get a message tone when I have a txt message come through, plus I am usually alseep when the phone finishes its charge

Maybe is because of firmware that your light still flashes, maybe network specific, I have the generic firmware in my phone.

Old 17-07-2006, 05:27 PM

yup, the led doesnt flash when its on charge, but ist just a blue led come on u can put something over it and u wont see it at nights, and if u dont wanna see it animore on nights just leave ur phone charging all night and there wont be any flashing led that could make u go blind

Old 17-07-2006, 06:02 PM

knuckleskin is on a distinguished road
If in taskman there is a program called blinkingled, i bet it wouldnt be hard for someone to create software to change it to stop blinking.

Old 17-07-2006, 06:12 PM

anyways its just a led not a starwars saberlaser so i dont see the problem of it

Old 20-07-2006, 05:15 PM

misleading is on a distinguished road
if you hate the blue LED that much take the front fascia off and put a piece of black electrical tape over the hole in the metal plate that it shines through - problem solved. otherwise turn your phone upside down at night, switch it off or alternatively just get over it - once you put yourself into sleep mode you won't notice it anyway!!!

Old 20-07-2006, 06:12 PM

Olly is on a distinguished road
Stick your socks over it

Old 20-07-2006, 10:41 PM

lopes is on a distinguished road
I just leave mine with the screen facing the table, that way i don't see the flashing blue light when i'm on my bed.
Ads

Old 21-07-2006, 02:22 PM

tomnufc is on a distinguished road
Lol I really can't see what all the fuss is about this LED

Like most people I just leave my phone charging overnight and by the time it's full I'm asleep anyway so I don't notice the screen light up.

I think Nokia should make more use of the LED to be honest, maybe have it on when a Bluetooth connection is established, that would be cool
Present: Nokia N80
Past: Philips C12, Maxon MN-1, Nokia 5110, Nokia 3210, Panasonic GD52, Nokia 8210, Nokia 3330, Sony Z5, Nokia 8210, Sony J6, Nokia 6510, SonyE T610, Nokia 6600, Nokia 6100, Nokia 6230, Nokia 6230i

Old 21-07-2006, 02:35 PM

knuckleskin is on a distinguished road
I agree tomnufc if someone developed a replacement program you could get it, for example, to flash more frequently when you have a text message or missed call. And to not flash at all if a certain profile is activated, unfortunatly i'm not prepared to learn Java EE this summer.

Old 21-07-2006, 02:48 PM

LesLesleyson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleskin
I agree tomnufc if someone developed a replacement program you could get it, for example, to flash more frequently when you have a text message or missed call. And to not flash at all if a certain profile is activated, unfortunatly i'm not prepared to learn Java EE this summer.
Yeah I think a good one would be for it to be off all the time and then come on when you have a missed call or text msg. I personally never use sleep mode so at the moment it's not doing anything.