All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-07-2011, 10:09 PM

midinotes is on a distinguished road
Question Camera Pro 2.1 on the Nokia E6 anyone?

I am looking to enhance the camera features of the Nokia E6, especially longer exposures and more control over quality. Has anyone tried Camera Pro 2.1 on the E6? Does it work ok and what sort of things can you do with it?

Old 28-07-2011, 10:28 PM

Ok ended up getting Camera Pro 2.1 on the E6. It does work ok although the keyboard isn't fully supported. Some of the onscreen icons and sliders are quite small and require a very careful finger touch, but I like it. It does have a few extra features over the built in app, but nothing amazing.. the digital zoom extends further, there is image stabilisation on still images, many more choices in image resolution (sub 8Mp if required) and an option to up the JPEG quality (although I couldnt spot any discernible differences over 90%). There's a self timer, grids, a spirit level, tweaks to white balance, colour saturation, contrast, exposure, exposure comp and so on. it also does video too (as does the built in app). I like the fact you can save your own presets, and set ISO manually as well as longer exposure times.. However the interface would be easier if it supported the D pad and keyboard more, some of the touch screen controls are really bordering on usability unless you use a stylus. Worth the dosh though!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:29 PM

lollipops is on a distinguished road
hi, i was interested in getting this app too. is there a macro function?

thanks!
Ads

Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 PM

No the app will not add any new functionality such as macro or autofocus since the hardware doesnt support it. Infact Camera Pro doesnt really offer much that the standard camera app does, just gives you a bit more flexibility and presets which are good along with features like spirit level. I found it a bit fiddly in the end though and haven't really used it as much as the built in app.

I've also tried the HDR app which will run on the E6, but the interface has a few issues with font sizes. Quite an interesting app but takes quite a long time to create a HDR image on the phone.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:56 PM

lollipops is on a distinguished road
ohh that sucks, i really wanted the macro function. guess there's no way to get it if it's not built-in, right?

thanks for your help