All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > UIQ

Old 22-06-2007, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

MMC i rather keep my p910

<a href="http://groups.google.com/group/best-ringtone/web/lil-wayne-ringtones">lil wayne ringtones</a>. <a href="http://groups.google.com/group/best-ringtone/web/eminem-ringtones">eminem ringtones</a>. <a href="http://groups.google.com/group/best-ringtone/web/chris-brown-ringtones">chris brown ringtones</a>. <a href="http://groups.google.com/group/best-ringtone/web/britney-spears-ringtones">britney spears ringtones</a>.
lil wayne ringtones. eminem ringtones. chris brown ringtones. britney spears ringtones.

Old 15-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Smile Vertigo

15/9/07 My P990i is Phone R9EC001, BT R5A01, Org R4B03, CDA R5A02.
I've had 2 crashes and 1 freeze in 2 weeks of owning, dropped it twice (once 2 metres onto a stone slab, I'm in Mountain Rescue!); Its still working and I attribute the crashes/freezes to having too many Apps open at once - operator error.
It goes fine when you treat like a lady, with tlc! Has periods - gets grumpy with abuse, so go easy when she's working hard! SE provision of card is a bit mean if you are a good r&b fan. Any probs have definitely been my stupidity and the sophistication of such a fine mistress, I just want her more; shame she can only BT with my iMac!!!!
Written on a Mac, the best before the rest!

Old 14-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

problem with keypad

hi! after i synchonized using blue tooth my key pad p990i in flip closed stopped functioning. is ist bcoz of virus or a hard ware malfunction. it works well in flip open mode.

Old 30-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Pleasseeeeee !!!

I nead a help, how i put setting on p990i to manually step by step configure internet setting or gprs, and MMS ? any idea? please help me!

Old 24-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Pain in the Ars*

Man. Do I regret buying this piece of crap. The P990i appears to have been dumped into the market with hopes of refining it on the way as complaints come in. I keep on getting insufficient memory. from a bloody BUSINESS phone?!

The Memory Wizard hows more than 57Mb available. But the status shows a measely 7Mb. How is this possible?

I am frustrated. I've been using SE for the past 6 years. look like they have just lost a loyal customer with this stupid ploy of making the users their beta testers.

Good Luck SE. You may come out with fancy stuff, but, your quality issues will catch up with you sooner or later. Sooner I think.
And their website help is useless.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down worst!!!

P990i is soooo worst phone!!! it so hard to use. after I bought it a month ago now its completely useless. my phone light is lit 24/7 so its always low battery. aside from its very bulky and heavy on the pocket its external keypad is really worst. Dont be fooled by its touch screen features!!!! bec. it also the main reason why it can easily be damage ..

Old 09-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Talking This phone Rocks!

Ive had this phone for two days and I have to say that I love it; I did read your review before purchasing it ( which helped me greatly) and decided to get it. Ive had a few hiccups but they are easily solved by a firmware upgrade- which Ill get done shortly. The best combination of a PDA and mobile.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

my P990i dont get one even if it's given to you

This phone is the biggest piece of sh!t you could ever use!
Other contibuters have spent the time explaing why, I won't bother. I hate this phone sooo much! I used it for over 16 months and hate it more each day. I bought a Nokia to replace this piece of junk, problem is I can't transfer the contact list for various reasons of poor software, slowness and embedded instability. KRAP is too good a word for the Sony Ericsson P990i.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:07 PM

roycuevas69 is on a distinguished road
the SE P990i is a SMARTPHONE

P990i is a SMART PHONE.. its not for everybody
got that answer from another forum, im just passin' it around.. I've had S60 v2,v3.. but for my purpose ( i go for application-add ons, i dont stop til the phone model has everything possible for its specs) the SE Pseries hit me smack where i want.. I had a P910i and now - the P990i, no problemo!

my P990i has an encyclopedia, a world atlas, complete MS dictionaries, a bible, 3D games abound, mathematical stuff, recipes, movie players, bluetooth hack, power pt sync-PC, i even have Garmin XT navigator on it!.. etc!

the 2 MPixel shoots like a 5MP (auto focus, adjust brightness while shooting) and - Its WI-FI man! INTERNET ON THE GO..

i'm just waiting for the UIQ3 version of IR remote and im gonne be truly satisfied..

but - it comes with a price. you have to have at least a 2 gig external memory card.. You have to learn to be a 'smart user' too - its a smartphone man..

But of course, it has its downside (its business!-else you wont be buyin' their other models..) screen visual is bad outdoor, camera speed falters during lowlight outdoor shots, headset volume is very far from my P910i.. among others

next post - what it takes to deal with battery, speed, and 'hang', memory problem..

enjoy your phone.. if it doesnt serve your need - go find another one!

Old 09-05-2008, 02:04 PM
deadeyes2020

touch screen trouble

could somebody tell me how to fix my touch screen...bcoz everytime i click the middle of the screen the ones getting tapped were the icons below. Even if i go to setup wizard to calibrate the range of tapping at point 1 to point 4, it tells me that it is too far from point 1....i need urgent help please!

Old 18-07-2008, 03:39 PM
freemarketstude

Red face advice needed

i'm planning to buy a p990i in ebay and i;m wondering if its a good choice considering the reviews i've been reading around. i'm not dissapointed by the hardware but more on the "threat" of system hangs and power shortage...
my question is, does the other features makes it all worthy? does the other functions makes up for this deficiency? i appreciate anybody's quick and helpful response.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

this is a googd phone for me...

well, sorry guys..but i think that this phone still rocks!!!!...maybe in your own perceptions, youll probably say that it sucks but having this phone for a quite long time,,im not that disappointed after all,.,it has so many features that a person wish to have in a phone alone...thats it.,.so after installing the new softwe which is available somewhere in the sony ericsson website, i find it much, much helpful to me...yes it is..yes it is...
Ads

Old 23-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

why

why most of the p990i are having battery prolems,from brightech2000@yahoo.com

Old 22-06-2010, 01:34 AM
ruel

i cant open my wifi

Hi, i had a problem with my phone i cant open my wifi acct. dont know y. i lost my cd installer. Pls help me what am i suppose to with this. thanks