All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-03-2010, 03:38 AM

erehman is on a distinguished road
N95 camera automatically zoom-in in video mode. How to disable it?

When I open the rear camera of my N95 for taking photos, I can see a lot of area covered in the photo but when I turn the mode to video, I observe that the camera gets a bit zoomed in. I mean the camera in video mode seems to be zoomed in one step as compared to the camera in photo mode. In video mode the object gets a bit bigger and so they turn blur. Recently I bought two Nokia 5230 sets for my brothers, and there is no difference in the area covered in photo mode or video mode and I see their videos are lot more better than my N95.
I want to ask is it possible that the zoom-in (automatic) be disabled in video mode. I want the camera should show same area in view finder, and in actual, in video and photo modes. Why is it so that objects automatically zooms in a bit when we switch over to video mode? Is it because of firmware. My firmware is not the very recent one, one step previous to this latest one.
If you have experienced the same problem, let me know.
Ejaz
Ads