All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Internet Radio for E61

Responding to a question earlier in this thread... Yes, it works on E61, but it's not officially supported. You need to download the version for the N92 (I think).

Because it's unsupported, the buttons for "options" and "back" are in the wrong place, but once you get used to it, that's not a problem.

Overall, a great app -- even if it's not one for the audiophiles. I've found it works better than the catalogue Ineternet radio apps available for S60.

Old 14-12-2007, 03:50 PM
krazykev

Where's the download link?

Am I missing the download link? The application is also missing from Beta Labs here:

http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/applications

Download URL appreciated. Been waiting for this for some time now. Why so long to catch up with say the N800 which has much more advanced streaming options by default.

Thanks!

Old 23-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Smile Nokia Internet Radio

working very well with a nice pair of noise-cancelling headphones. I especially appreciate the ability to choose bandwidth and access points on the fly (wifi, 3g etc). Did anyone notice that 3D ringtones affect audio reverb? - i had luminosity with forest reverb and there was a noticeable impact on Internet Radio audio - so switched off 3D and audio back to normal.

David from London on an N95

Old 08-02-2008, 09:57 PM
E90

Works on E90

The Nokia Internet Radio works on the E90. Just download the file "InternetRadioSisApp31_loc.sis", I think is the one for N810.

Old 18-02-2008, 03:28 AM

desertrat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Impressively, the radio continues to play when you’re navigating around the application, and also in the background while in other apps.
Impressive that Nokia are actually starting to think. I am very not impressed that the builtin Realplayer stops playing when switching to another app - multitasking anyone?

Old 25-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Moodio

www.moodio.fm converts any "regular" type of audio stream (shoutcast, realaudio, windows media, etc.) to 3GPP. You can even add your own stations and it's free. You should be able to listen to the BBC stations with this.

Old 16-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

BBC Radio Mobile

I've tried the internet radio streaming with the nokia n95, and it works fine.
Try http://bbcradio.mobi
It has a whole list of all bbc radio channels, including bbc sports, and bbc news. All the bbc radio channels can be easily streamed over any internet connection, through pc or mobile/pda.

Old 22-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Does anybody know what channels one could add to this application. I've been trying to add pls channels but sadly they don't work....... pls are MP3 radio streams that I thought it would work with this application

Old 05-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Nice Application but doesn't work with GPRS or 3G connection. Only works with wifi, would appreciate any help.

Regards

Old 06-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

the Nokia Internet Radio works a treat! it was just what i was looking for to play .pls files from di.fm, and the best thing about it, is its free!

i have a Nokia E65 and i'm on the Three(3) network in the UK
Ads

Old 22-02-2009, 06:01 AM

davidmaxwaterma is on a distinguished road
realplayer will play in the background

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
Impressive that Nokia are actually starting to think. I am very not impressed that the builtin Realplayer stops playing when switching to another app - multitasking anyone?
Actually, if you switch from realplayer during it's 'Loading....' phase, it seems it doesn't notice and so will continue playing, even though it's in the background.

Old 25-02-2009, 07:40 PM

buglawton is on a distinguished road
Nokia Internet Radio not adapted for on the move use?

Hope this is the right place... I tested Nokia Internet Radio today on the drive home using the 3g/GPRS EDGE connection. It cuts out periodically (say for 25% of the journey) and I think the reason is the negotiation between 3g masts. I believe Nokia Internet Radio is designed for static use so is similar software to the Radio Players for IPhone Touch or a PC. Somewhere I heard that there exists a custom radio player software especially adapted for on the move 3g type use, it has a much more generous buffer etc. Anyone know more?

Old 31-05-2009, 04:36 PM

cedesguin is on a distinguished road
E90

For the E90, there is currently nothing on the official site.
However, you may try this:
http://www.nokiasymbianthemes.com/wp...sApp31_loc.sis

Old 01-06-2009, 09:40 AM

davidmaxwaterma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedesguin View Post
For the E90, there is currently nothing on the official site.
However, you may try this:
http://www.nokiasymbianthemes.com/wp...sApp31_loc.sis
This URL seems not to work atm...does it for you?

Max.

Old 13-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

oN95 version of Nokia internet radio works on E90

I've downloaded and installed the Nokia internet radio (version for the N95) on my E90. Everything works great: I start the radio on the front side of the phone. Then I open the phone to adjust the volume.

Other versions of the Nokia internet radio don't work (e.g. the version of the N95 8gb)...