All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-06-2009, 08:47 PM

capitaine is on a distinguished road
what happens to ovi Store purchases if you have to do a hard reset on your phone?

what happens to ovi Store purchases if you have to do a hard reset on your phone? How do you re-install your purchases?
Ads

Old 22-06-2009, 09:13 PM

zxon is on a distinguished road
If you log back onto the Ovi store on your phone with your username and password, you can go to the "My Apps" section where it shows you a history of the items you've downloaded from the store. I've not actually bought anything yet, but I can only assume you can re-download your paid-for apps from here without having to pay again.

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

Old 23-06-2009, 01:08 AM

Hooksym is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxon View Post
If you log back onto the Ovi store on your phone with your username and password, you can go to the "My Apps" section where it shows you a history of the items you've downloaded from the store. I've not actually bought anything yet, but I can only assume you can re-download your paid-for apps from here without having to pay again.
If you can in the UK OVI store, that's great, but you certainly can't in the US OVI store. It will list your purchases, but you wil have to pay again if you want to download again.

I highly recommend you go straight to the developers or someplace like Handango to buy apps.

Old 23-06-2009, 01:42 PM

capitaine is on a distinguished road
well as it turned out, I'd installed the app on the memory card, so after the hard-reset the phone just picked it up from the mem card

In the store itself (on the phone), the 'My Stuff' tab does not even list the app I bought previously..!!

Old 23-06-2009, 03:22 PM

Soony is on a distinguished road
Go to Nokia Support Forum, they can help you with that. Lots of people have left their support needed and got a new link to download the software