All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-12-2008, 11:31 PM

jonboy99 is on a distinguished road
Possible to set application permissions for wireless connections?

Hi folks, am loving my E71 so far, but one minor irritation - every time I use an application that uses one of the wireless connections, eg opera mini, fishtext, sky by mobile etc, every time I load the app I am asked 'allow application x to use network and send or receive data?' or something similar.
Is there a way to make the phone remember the permission i gave so I don't get asked any more for that app? It's a bit of a drag having to say yes every time.

cheers
Jon

Old 29-05-2009, 08:10 PM

texaslegand is on a distinguished road
I'd like to know the same time. In addition to email for exchange I run gmail's mobile application. If I don't exit from the application and it continues to run in the background i'll get a message on the idle screen asking if I want to give the application permission to access the internet. I'd like for it to run in the background and update periodically so email is there and ready to be read when I open the app rather than open the app....confirm i want to access the internet....wait for app to load....wait for app to pull email...etc.
At least with opera the application asks once if you'd like to allow access for the entire session which is less of a pain but I'd like to give every installed app permission once and be done with it.

on a side note....is there any way to make the view on nokia browser compatible with the phone's screen size? navigating websites is a pain if the link you want is on the far right side of the page.

thanks.

Old 30-05-2009, 09:13 AM

mrochester is on a distinguished road
Goto App. Manager, find the application asking for permission, options and open it, then options again and you should be able to change all sorts of properties regarding network permissions. If the option to always allow network access is missing, it means you don't have a signed version of the software. You will need to acquire a signed version before that option becomes available.
Ads

Old 02-06-2009, 09:52 PM

texaslegand is on a distinguished road
ok.....so how do you get a signed version of gmail app, mini opera, etc.?