All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-09-2004, 09:51 PM
MiCro_stuck

Unhappy something terrible hppening to my QD

well yes its quite terrible. cause i love this phone, and its like only two months since i bought the phone

The rubber band thingy around the phone. seems to be coming out from one side.. its kinda popped out.. from one corner (near the power button).. and its(the popped out part) getting bigger by the day.. therez a quite noticable space between the phone and the rubber band now.. evn the power buttn is exposed now.

anyways how is this rubber band thing attached to the phone? i am thinking of using super glue on this sucker.. but. before i do anything stupid. i needed to hear from some professionals first..

i dont think my warranty covers this problem, as it come under wear and tear, correct me if i am wrong.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:01 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
Just make sure you don't glue your power button

Old 25-01-2005, 10:10 PM
sdpads19

Rubber ring replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiCro_stuck
well yes its quite terrible. cause i love this phone, and its like only two months since i bought the phone

The rubber band thingy around the phone. seems to be coming out from one side.. its kinda popped out.. from one corner (near the power button).. and its(the popped out part) getting bigger by the day.. therez a quite noticable space between the phone and the rubber band now.. evn the power buttn is exposed now.

anyways how is this rubber band thing attached to the phone? i am thinking of using super glue on this sucker.. but. before i do anything stupid. i needed to hear from some professionals first..

i dont think my warranty covers this problem, as it come under wear and tear, correct me if i am wrong.
THere are replacements for this, unfortunately they are only available in red or blue which totally doesnt match the phones current black and orange. But i guess if you are concerned about dust and stuff getting in the phone it would be a good idea. I personally have superglued the rubber back in which only worked for a couple months and began to pop out again. Very poor design by nokia. Mine is coming off where the flap for the headphone/ac is. Since it's constantly being opened for charging it wears out quicker. Here's a link for the replacement part. Looks as though Nokia is the only one offering it at this time (at least the ring part). http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=803017