All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-03-2009, 04:10 PM

dudewerzmacar is on a distinguished road
Nokia 5800 - Windows Media Player Application

does anyone know where i can download a Windows Media Player application for the 5800?

the music player that nokia gives isnt very good and doesnt allow browsing of folders in memory. i used to own a SPV-Windows Mobile Phone and the Media Player on that was brillient.

so does any one know where i can download it from or even a similar application that allows you to browse folders?

Old 27-03-2009, 04:31 PM

matchstick is on a distinguished road
LCG Jukebox does - http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=lcgjukebox

It works OK on the 5800 but it's controls aren't optimsed for the touch interface and can be a bit fiddly if you're not using the stylus or plectrum.
Ads

Old 27-03-2009, 04:59 PM

nitro fan is on a distinguished road
The Nokia Player is absolutely HOPELESS mine will NOT update my Library properly so albums that were removed weeks ago still show up, and why no Bookmark function or sleep timer?

These are basic functions! my Sony Ericsson W960 is streets ahead in the player area and I thought the "5800 Express Music"! was supposed to be optimised for ........................MUSIC? (Thank goodness I did not sell my W960 on is all I can say, it turns out Audible don't support S60v5!)

This phone is not quite as good as I first thought and now Sony Ericsson have announced they will be putting the "Walkman" player in its next gen devices If we don't get some real Music functionality on the Music phones I cant see me staying with Nokia in the future.

Old 29-03-2009, 09:19 AM

capitaine is on a distinguished road
I agree - I was annoyed when I realised the Music app was exactly the same as what was on the 2+ yr old N95, except touch enabled. My main irritance is how it doesn't display album art for all my albums.

although what exactly is a 'bookmark' function?

Old 29-03-2009, 09:57 AM

nitro fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitaine View Post
I agree - I was annoyed when I realised the Music app was exactly the same as what was on the 2+ yr old N95, except touch enabled. My main irritance is how it doesn't display album art for all my albums.

although what exactly is a 'bookmark' function?
Hi capitaine
A bookmark function is useful when listening to very long mp3 tracks like an audio book. It allows you to place a mark on the progress bar of the music player at any position you want.

For example you can set the last position in the track before getting into the office, so when you leave the office to go home you can start listening from the exact position you left off without having to remember the time elapsed etc.

The bookmark is standard feature on Sony Ericsson Walkman "Music optimised" phones, Yet seemingly it is beyond the wisdom of Nokia for their so called "Music optimised" phone!

The sleep timer allows you to leave your phone playing for a pre set period of time whilst you doze off when it reaches the end of the pre set period, the music player switches off "Simples".

Old 29-03-2009, 11:07 PM

dudewerzmacar is on a distinguished road
so does anyone know of any software solutions...that LG one didnt work....

Old 30-03-2009, 08:18 PM

mafty is on a distinguished road
Yeah, bump the above!

I could definitely do with a bookmark feature as all I listen to are audiobooks, and most of them are split in to tracks of anything up to 1.5 hours. Having to remember where you were and then scan forward is a right royal p.i.t.a.

I tried LCG on the N95 and didn't like the 'feel' of it.
Somebody out there must know of something that fits the bill..