All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-10-2003, 03:21 AM
Unregistereds

qwerty
keep in mind that this is a computer.
you cant open every app and expect it to keep working.
you need to install qfileman.
when you open that program and click file/task list you can close all open apps.

Old 24-10-2003, 10:29 PM
davecrowley

Bought my A 920 last Friday - 17th Oct.

version : REL 11.22.00.01
Baseband : A920_U_10.1D.00B

Can receive MMS but not read them.

Seems to have the IrDa option enabled for Desktop Suite - not tried yet due to lack of IrDa on my PC ! Will try on mate's Laptop and let you know.

"Extra" sound options still missing as per earlier posts by DrScouse in this thread.

Pressing GREEN key now answers phone with keylock activated and screen off.

Old 05-11-2003, 10:14 PM
Jimmie

Thats strange cus i bought my A920 on 31st Oct and i have the same release version as you and yet i dont seem to have IrDa on data suite

could you explain where the option for IrDa is please in case i have missed it

Thank You

Old 24-11-2003, 09:56 AM

waheedrafiq is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Firmware

need some help here Where can i download this firmware from can anyone email me this firmware please

email: waheed_rafiq@lycos.co.uk

can anyone help here

reply back asap

Old 28-11-2003, 02:59 PM

jbatch is on a distinguished road
MMS

Three only support MMS to their own network dudes.....

Old 18-01-2004, 05:35 AM

djgenesis is on a distinguished road
I took the phone for a software upgrade and its got bluetooth now.. It is cool but with the new version of the software i was unable to restore my backup . I still got the contacts.cdb file but i can't read it..
any ideas anyone? i am desperate.... :(

Old 17-02-2004, 05:21 PM

BalooDK is on a distinguished road
Firmware: 11.22.00.01

1. No BT and no IR
2. Phone f..ks up sometimes (cannot dial up, and people can't call me)
3. Error in phone menu... One of the menus is out of the screen

Old 29-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Kothos

Angry A920 won't boot - need help! - will reward!

As you can probably guess from the subject, I'm absolutely desperate. I'm also in Australia (Sydney, if that makes any difference).

I got an A920 a few months ago. I haven't fiddled with it, just used it and taken photos and added stuff to the address book and contact database etc...

It has been majorly buggy from Day 1. I have never been able to synch or backup the data. When used on a Windows 2000 machine, the phone detects on USB but DesktopSuite continually says there is no phone. When used on Windows XP, it works but as soon as you try to transfer data the computer restarts! Three nor Motorola have not been able to help!

Anyway, this is not my problem! My problem is that the phone started giving me memory error messages - even though the internal memory has only a couple of megs on it and the SD card is nearly empty. This morning, it stopped booting!

I need it to boot! It boots and gets to the "3" splash screen and then just hangs. It can still receieve calls and gives me missed call messages, but I cannot get into the OS to make calls or access any data. I need my data!

Sorry if I'm coming across as hysterical, I am! I so desperately need to access my data (on the internal memory) it's not funny.

The data is still there, I know. When I shut the phone down, it gets over whatever hang up it has and briefly shows me the OS applications screen, then shuts down.

Three have said that I need to get the upgrade to fix this - but then I'll lose my data! They reckon there's no way to save it, but there's got to be, because it's still there! I don't care if they have to pick it out of the memory bit by bit using a binary editor, I need it!

Does anybody know how to get over this boot problem? I'm willing to offer small cash rewards or grossly discounted computer parts (I work in IT) for any help whatsoever.

Thanks heaps in advance!! (-:

Old 23-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Lenus

well, i'm in australia, and i have an A920,

i have Firmware V 30.80.12 and i've got everything, bt/ir open operating system...

finally a920 is good

Old 01-05-2004, 10:42 PM

Silex is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenus

i have Firmware V 30.80.12 and i've got everything, bt/ir open operating system...

finally a920 is good
Minus the fact that it's so hard to sim unlock these darn things. I just want to use my phone on T-Mobile in the states. Is that too much to ask!?
Ads

Old 19-05-2004, 05:07 PM

bassinvada is on a distinguished road
3 only support MMS on their own network and O2 at the moment which is annoying!

The 'In use' error is an absolute nightmare. I've had so many bugs with my phone from the start. I have 4mb of my internal memory apparently being used by my browser which isn't. My camera works about 80% of the time, the other 20% i get an error message saying something like "program must close", I then have to restart the phone which is also a nightmare because it takes about 2 minutes for the phone to boot up. My screen is knackered after about 3 months, eg if i click the 'message' menu whilst in a message it takes me to home - I have tried calibrating the screen 100 times and it still don't work.

These are just the things I can think of off my head! Apart from the amount of bugs it's a wicked phone though.

Old 22-05-2004, 10:28 AM

dmc15 is on a distinguished road
Hi guys,
I live in Greece and i have just bought my a920 with enabled bluetooth.
My current version is
REL 21.58.01
But i do not have IR operating!! When i try to use IR it says NOT SUPPORTED!In the fileman though i can see some files called ir send/listen.app etc but no can do with communication over IR!! Can someone tell me what to do?
Is it possible to get a firmware update over the net? Please HELP!

Old 01-06-2004, 04:03 PM

carp.angler is on a distinguished road
A925

Well, I've had my A925 for about 2 months, actually this one I've had for about 3 weeks, the first one got replaced because the touch screen stopped working and it continually rebooted.
My new one comes up with the Db5 main program closing error and wont start for about 50% of the time.
Bluebooth has also stopped working.

A bug ridden piece of dross?
Afraid so.

At least I've still got my Nokia on Vodafone, so I can still talk to people.

3G customer care?
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Motorola support?
no response.

Stuck in a 70 a month contract with an unreliable phone.
Fantastic.

I can't give you any firmware versions or similar because the phone wont start again........

Old 06-06-2004, 07:08 AM
Unregistereds

Red face Hi Lenus

Originally Posted by Lenus

finally a920 is good

I am a A920 user in Melbourne. I couldn't find the correct flash and flex files for Australia, can you please email them to me at ant@com-tek.com.au. dun worry about the size. Thank you in advance

Old 08-06-2004, 08:22 AM

Neko is on a distinguished road
I've also got my new A920, happily pre-upgraded to 30.80.12. Works fine for me, and I'm very happy with it. I don't care much for 3's policies- I'm happy to use Vodafone.

I'm in Sydney myself, what do u mean about flash and flex files? One thing I can't get working yet is the backup tool, is the A925 suite better for this?

-Neko