All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Symbian OS News

Old 14-06-2010, 07:16 PM
UnInterested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well it fits if you are an ass-face....

However, I digress. Time will tell how the FaceTime app works and if its open standards gain traction. Besides your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. They just a more non-prick stain way of getting theirs across.
Place nicely children.

Anyway, iPhone OS4 multi-tasking is way behind Symbian:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16307..._disappointing

Old 14-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnInterested View Post
Place nicely children.

Anyway, iPhone OS4 multi-tasking is way behind Symbian:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16307..._disappointing
Good point. At the end of the day. Apple will sell even a bazillion more iPhones with limited multi-tasking and ZERO FLASH while Nokia tries to get their software right.

Old 14-06-2010, 07:49 PM
UnInterested

Quote:
Good point. At the end of the day. Apple will sell even a bazillion more iPhones with limited multi-tasking and ZERO FLASH while Nokia tries to get their software right.
Way more Symbian phones are sold than any other, in fact the figures have Nokia/Symbian in the lead selling more phones than the vendors in 2nd, 3rd and 4th combined.

Old 14-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Did you read the article? It's basically saying that iPhone OS4 multi-tasking is not very good because the Iphone struggles with battery life.

And Apple could do with getting some of their software right, as an iPhone owner, there are a lot of things about it that just piss me off.
Ads

Old 14-06-2010, 07:58 PM

buster is on a distinguished road
Quote:

However, I digress. Time will tell how the FaceTime app works and if its open standards gain traction. Besides your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. They just a more non-prick stain way of getting theirs across.
How very mature. And what the hell does "They just a more non-prick stain way of getting theirs across" actually mean?

Old 14-06-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:

How very mature. And anyway, I NEVER said my opinion was more important than anyone else's; if I did, please show me where!!

And what the hell does "They just a more non-prick stain way of getting theirs across" actually mean? I presume it's some kind of insult, but I'm not really sure...

Old 14-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Did you read the article? It's basically saying that iPhone OS4 multi-tasking is not very good because the Iphone struggles with battery life.

And Apple could do with getting some of their software right, as an iPhone owner, there are a lot of things about it that just piss me off.
I think what he/she was trying to say that it does not matter and I agree. Without multitasking Apple sold a ton of phones. Without Flash Apple sold a ton of phones. Now with quasi-mulittasking (happy Nokia fans) Apple will still sell a ton of phones and still make quite a bit of money.

On the other hand if Nokia didn't have their bottom basement phones that appeal to the developing countries and had to compete against Android and Apple with the likes of the N97 and some of the other semi flops, Nokia would be in deep kempchi.

As for the iPhone. It does have a few problems but on par it offers a better user experience out of the box than Nokia.

Old 14-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I think what he/she was trying to say that it does not matter and I agree. Without multitasking Apple sold a ton of phones. Without Flash Apple sold a ton of phones. Now with quasi-mulittasking (happy Nokia fans) Apple will still sell a ton of phones and still make quite a bit of money.

On the other hand if Nokia didn't have their bottom basement phones that appeal to the developing countries and had to compete against Android and Apple with the likes of the N97 and some of the other semi flops, Nokia would be in deep kempchi.

As for the iPhone. It does have a few problems but on par it offers a better user experience out of the box than Nokia.
And Nokia/Symbian sold a ton of phones more despite their inferior user experience out of the box and their buggy early version firmware. And RIM sold more Blackberries than Apple sold iPhones despite the BB browser javascript problem.

And it doesn't matter where the phones were sold and how much they cost, fact is they are still selling them and still making quite a lot of money. No deep kempchi ahoy for Nokia.

Old 14-06-2010, 08:18 PM
UnInterested

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster View Post
How very mature. And anyway, I NEVER said my opinion was more important than anyone else's; if I did, please show me where!!

And what the hell does "They just a more non-prick stain way of getting theirs across" actually mean? I presume it's some kind of insult, but I'm not really sure...
Buster, your best move would be to step away from this one. The bloke is obviously a class A twat and he is dragging you down to his level.

Old 14-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

I need to go and put my bastard iPhone back on charge again now, because it's crap reception means that it has been struggling to hold a signal for the last 4 or 5 hours and shafted its battery charge.

I could always follow the Apple advice and switch off 3G, location, bluetooth etc. Even now the f*****g thing is showing no signal, whilst other phones on the same network are showing 3 or 4 bars of 3G.

What a magical user experience this is!

But it's OK. It's an Apple.

F*****g shit.

Old 14-06-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:

By all accounts. iPhone sales have stagnated while Android and Symbian sales have increased. Of course, this may change with the launch of the iPhone 4. And I do agree that Nokia need to seriously buck their ideas up with the N8, after the N97 debacle; my personal feeling is that Nokia have too many models with too many different firmware versions to keep track of, with the inevitable problems of stability and reliability. Sure, the devices are nice to use after the 3rd or 4th firmware iteration, but that's just woeful, and is often too little, too late.

Old 14-06-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnInterested View Post
Buster, your best move would be to step away from this one. The bloke is obviously a class A twat and he is dragging you down to his level.
Good point.

Old 14-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
And Nokia/Symbian sold a ton of phones more despite their inferior user experience out of the box and their buggy early version firmware. And RIM sold more Blackberries than Apple sold iPhones despite the BB browser javascript problem.

And it doesn't matter where the phones were sold and how much they cost, fact is they are still selling them and still making quite a lot of money. No deep kempchi ahoy for Nokia.
Good point right up until the point you missed the bottom basement phones. Take out the developing world phones and leave only the smartphones and Nokia is serious trouble. Hell, the fact that you sell crap as well as smart phone crap still means that you sell crap regardless. Nokia would not be able to compete against Android, Apple, RIM or HTC if Nokia had to rely on phones like the N97.

Old 14-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster View Post
By all accounts. iPhone sales have stagnated while Android and Symbian sales have increased. Of course, this may change with the launch of the iPhone 4. And I do agree that Nokia need to seriously buck their ideas up with the N8, after the N97 debacle; my personal feeling is that Nokia have too many models with too many different firmware versions to keep track of, with the inevitable problems of stability and reliability. Sure, the devices are nice to use after the 3rd or 4th firmware iteration, but that's just woeful, and is often too little, too late.
True. Only a serious iPhone have to have customer would have bought an iPhone within the last few months. They are practically giving them away in some places. I am sure we will see a surge once they start selling. Regardless, Apple is going to be around a very long time as will Nokia and this debate will continue as well.

Old 14-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I need to go and put my bastard iPhone back on charge again now, because it's crap reception means that it has been struggling to hold a signal for the last 4 or 5 hours and shafted its battery charge.

I could always follow the Apple advice and switch off 3G, location, bluetooth etc. Even now the f*****g thing is showing no signal, whilst other phones on the same network are showing 3 or 4 bars of 3G.

What a magical user experience this is!

But it's OK. It's an Apple.

F*****g shit.
Maybe your phone is defective. That's a thought. If you are having so much trouble and still have the iPhone then you have no one to blame but yourself. Get rid of it and get a life after iPhone.