All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > UIQ

Old 26-08-2006, 12:37 PM

Sebhelyesfarku is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simtech
sir iam using n 7610. want use yahoo messenger to my mobile pls helpme details i am from india tanks advance
This is the UIQ forum, retard.

Old 29-08-2006, 03:45 AM

sovind is on a distinguished road
Hi,

A quick question: is there a way to define CONTACTS the storage either on Phone or storage card. Most phones only allow CONTACTS storage either on Phone or SIM, but not on the external drive as it is usually allocated for pics, music and apps.

This is a concern if you have a few thousand contacts and you sync it to your computer.

Thanks.

Old 29-08-2006, 04:02 AM

dumoc is on a distinguished road
m600i

I've tried both the Nokia E61 and just recently the SE m600i. I prefer the m600i for its size (really a plus for this phone compared to E61) and the relatively faster response time of the UI (a letdown for the 3rd edition of S60). However, I also agree that the UI does indeed have some bit of a learning curve as this is most definitely more of a PDA than a phone (which is why I got it anyway). I do have one bit of difficulty and that is transferring some of my photos from my laptop to the m600. I've tried the Adobe Photoshop but each time I send the photo to the phone I receive a prompt that tells me to connect to a phone that is capable of receiving photos. I do hope I can receive advise on how to correct this. But overall, this is a very nice phone (a scaled down version of the P990i for all intents and purpose).

Old 06-09-2006, 04:36 PM

gary.lane is on a distinguished road
Great review

Thank you for a very full and frank review. I have been dithering over the phone for a while (is it a step down from a P910i or does the form factor compensate for the lack of camera which I only rarely used?). I'm now convinced and will buy now without waiting for a P990i to come out on contract.

Although I know that the lack of contact find feature will be a pain for me - I'm sure there'll be a 3rd party search app pretty soon though.

Old 30-10-2006, 01:49 AM

FLG is on a distinguished road
Sony E M600i Update - 29 Oct 2006

SonyE M600i Update - 29 Oct 2006

Based upon the two firmware updates from SE - now both the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and Blackberry Connect works quite well.

The MS Exchange ActiveSync client is very usable and is quite fast in displaying messages. The Blackberry Connect client works as expected but is slow on displaying emails.

As others have described if you want a very advanced phone in a small package this is an excellent phone.

The only significant usability gap is how you have to select contacts within the messaging function as compared to Nokia E70, E61, Nokia 9300 or Dash.

SE firmware updates has made this an very usable and stable phone - equal to my SE P900 and SE P910.

Thanks - FLG>>>

Old 23-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Very Slow Sync

Hello,

I have a m600i smartphone and all is almost fine except when I sync with my desktop using pc suite.

The synchronization is extremely slow!!!

What can i do to improve this?

Thanks.

M600i firmware updated 23/Feb/2007
Sony Ericsson PC Suite for Smartphones, version: 1.2.15

Old 25-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down wanna buy my M600i?

owned for 3 months, great size, design,weight and cool looking smart phone but terrible software/OS. I think the symbian OS for this phone was still in beta version when they released the phone. I owned Treo650, O2 Mini and other sony phones, the M600i is definitely has the worst software and least reliable. Within 2 months of owning, I had to reset to factory setting since soft/hard reset and removing the battery did not fix the bug. If you are thinking of buying one, email me and I'll be gladly sell you mine.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Lost Emails

Anyone experiencing emails being deleted from mail server on downloading to a M600i ???

Old 08-03-2007, 06:51 AM
Abhishek

@ dumoc, USB Mode

You will need to set the phone's usb connection in data mode than phone mode. This can be done from Tools->Control Panel->connections->USB->USB Functionality. By default it is set to "phone mode" rather than "file transfer". You also wud have noticed that the transfer speeds are miserably slow in phone mode usb. Once in file trasnfer mode the OS creates a new drive just like a regular Flash drive and allows you to transfer files Much Much faster. Without the phone in file transfer mode, the disk2phone and the adobe app does not work!
Ads

Old 09-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs down @#$%^!

really slow, got hang when 1st use, cannot backup sms to PC... =<

Old 11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
afro [poland]

i'm interested if it is any gps receiver compatible with se m600i? and what about software like f.eg. tomtom working with m600i?

Old 11-05-2007, 11:06 AM
riaans

Question Nokia E61 vs Sony Ericsson M600i

Hi there, I need to decide between getting a Nokia E61 or a Sony Ericsson M600i. Can anyone please advise which is best? I need something that features easy text input, can synchronise with Outlook, and provides for easy sharing and editing of Excel and Word files. Iím pretty sure that both these phones cater for these features, but which is best? I prefer the E61ís keyboard, but am also attracted to the M600ís touchscreen. Has anyone perhaps used both these phones? Can anyone help?

Old 08-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Highly Recommened

I have had an M600i for about 7 months now.

This is an excellent device. I have been in the computer busines for about seven or so years. Gadgets no longer impress me. But this phone does.

It is more a mini-computer than a phone. Its G3 access to the internet means that I can research all kinds of stuff almost anywhere. I need to know something, I use the Opera browser that is on the M600i. By this alone the phone has paid for itself.

I can touch type so I easily got used to the layout of keys on the M600i. The keyoboard layout is an excellent design, so good that I have never used the character recognition application. I can add notes, write stuff and keep of track of things to do easily and quickly. What is more, the predictive text system in the M600i can save me so much time that writing with the M600i is not much slower than with the keyboard.

And then there is the music. This is very good. Especially when adding in a small portable amplifier to give some bass to the sound. For a while I had a gigiabyte M2 chip in the M600i and that meant I could have my choice of about a dozen albums. I bought a 2GB one recently but have been too busy to add tracks to it.

And it is reliable. I haven't updated the operating system. Yet the phone has only frozen three or four times so far.

Oh, and it is fine as a phone and for texting. But you'd expect that.

I also like the fact that the M600i will charge while connected by USB to a PC. Very useful.

Then you have its ability to read and write in Word and Excel, its ability to read html and pdf files. These all add to its usefulness.

And finally, it looks good and easily fits in a pocket.

But it is not perfect. I would like a faster processor and more memory to handle the applications when they are running. It gets a little slow sometimes. The predictive text in the word processor can get painfully slow after 1000 words or so. So basically it needs more power. But this should be kept in context. I have sat wiith a colleague who has an old pentium pc that he still uses. It has a similar processing power, memory and hard drive to my M600i and it is a huge desktop thing.

So, the M600i - highly recommended.

Best,

Bob

Old 18-06-2007, 05:09 PM
hunar.hawleri

M600i is great

I have a PDA Sony Ericsson phone for two years, Sony Ericsson is fantastic and i am very happy with it.

but the time went to have a PDA phone so i am searching for a device with:

Operating System
Quick office
Touch Screen
Big Screen Size
Sound Quality
Business device
compact
Nice Looking
POZ

and i reached that the perfect devide is M600i.

i hope Sony Ericsson will produce more M series smart phone.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

I had the m600i for five months. A piece of junk. Kept going in for repairs (mostly to do with the touchscreen), got it replaced (a nine week wait, of course), and the second one lasted two weeks before it became as unstable as the first one. Eventually, it wouldn't even boot up.

So, rather than enduring another misadventure with "smart"-phones, I've ordered a replacement cell phone from the service provider with a lot of mp3 capability and a decent camera.

Basta.

More than I actually need.

And less potential for headaches.