All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-02-2003, 01:30 AM

christomas is on a distinguished road
Message alert tones

Is there a way to change the message alert tone for the P800? I love to customize my phone alot but it seems that the message alert tone is pretty standard fare with no option to change it. I have already changed the ringing tone with some cool wav files i downloaded but no luck for the alert tones. Any advice? tnx a heap

Old 02-02-2003, 03:06 AM

CorruptedSanity is on a distinguished road
follow mee

1- Control Panel

2-Connection Tab (look down)

3- Messaging Accounts

4-Click Alerts (bottom right)

Over here you can edit the sms message alert tone for sms,email,mms,are info and AutoSet up..

Is this what ur askin for ?

Old 02-02-2003, 03:36 AM

christomas is on a distinguished road
Hey you were right! I never thought i could find it there. Tnx so much!

Old 02-02-2003, 08:23 AM

for some reason when i get an SMS.. the thing wont shut up..

it keep ringing till the ring tone ends...

other wise no matter what i press it wont silence..

is it just me or. . ?

Old 02-02-2003, 09:30 AM

M@ckan is on a distinguished road
I've got the same issue. Quite irritating acyually ...
Would be nice to get asolution to this one...
(Albert Einstein)

Old 02-02-2003, 10:03 AM

I am just like WHOAH.. i mean this isnt like a really complicated bug that they could not have fixed or noticed.. i mean my sms ring tone alert is the bird one..and some times it goes off during a movie or in class..

coz there arent any profiles like Nokia.. and i also wanna know i recieved a msg..with my t600...6310i...7210.. all i do was quickly press any button while the phone is in my pocket and it goes off..
this one i have to quicjkly pull out..pull down the number keypad..take off the stli and look for the silence button on the little speaker icon..by the time i do all this..half the class is annoyed..the teacher is lookin at me O_O like this.. and the ring tone has ended :\

I know i shouldnt keep it on during class..but even while at lunch in a restaurant where i have the right to have it on a high tone coz its noisy..but it does not SHUT UP :\

Old 02-02-2003, 01:31 PM

TAWelsh is on a distinguished road
CS, thx for the info, i been looking for that setting for a few days now. :eggface:

Thomas

Old 03-02-2003, 05:56 AM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
2 things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedSanity
I am just like WHOAH.. i mean this isnt like a really complicated bug that they could not have fixed or noticed.. i mean my sms ring tone alert is the bird one..and some times it goes off during a movie or in class..

coz there arent any profiles like Nokia.. and i also wanna know i recieved a msg..with my t600...6310i...7210.. all i do was quickly press any button while the phone is in my pocket and it goes off..
this one i have to quicjkly pull out..pull down the number keypad..take off the stli and look for the silence button on the little speaker icon..by the time i do all this..half the class is annoyed..the teacher is lookin at me O_O like this.. and the ring tone has ended :\

I know i shouldnt keep it on during class..but even while at lunch in a restaurant where i have the right to have it on a high tone coz its noisy..but it does not SHUT UP :\
You can do two things. Either put the phone on "Silent" when you're in class (so that nobody gets annoyed, but you can still notice it because of vibration) or you can use/download a very short ringtone so that it will stop only after 1 sec. or so.

Old 03-02-2003, 06:34 AM

Delta... I have already thought of these suggestions..
but that doesnt change the fact that I found a bug in the Sony Ericsson P800. I have been to alot of forums and read thru almost every post..including offcial Symbian and unOfficial Forums and FAQ's..
I never seen this complaint,I thought it was just me...but other friends have noticed it too.

I do want a long ringtone so that if im in a noisy place it will ring till i press any button..the vibrator is is cool..but believe me..you dont feel the vibrator on a satuday night in Club Likwid :\

There is no defendin this simple error on SE's part :\

I wasnt dissapointed when i found out there was no t9, i was also not dissapointed when i found out that i could only play Mp4...but not being able to silence ur phone in a human way.. ok now thats :\ that sucks