All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-02-2003, 03:36 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
New: AvantGo Client for Series 60

A client for AvantGo is now available through Handango as freeware. The service provides perosnalised content to your device. Currently there is a choice of more than 2,500 channels. The service connects to my AvantGo, content is then sync'd (downloaded), and is viewable offline.

This is something of a surprise as there was no idnication of AvantGo developing a client for Series 60. The client for UIQ (P800) has not yet appeared.

Author Notes:
The My AvantGo® service provides free interactive and personalized content and applications to your smartphone or PDA through wireless or desktop synchronization. You may select from more than 2,500 brand-name, content and application channels (handheld optimized websites) for entertainment, news, financial, travel, sports information and much more. You can also surf to your favorite web sites or set up your own personal channels to be delivered to the phone during synchronization. Once synchronized to the phone, My AvantGo content is viewable offline, such as in an airplane or tunnel. My AvantGo offers offers a rich web content viewing experience with graphics. There are over 8 million subscribers to My AvantGo today. Content is offered from around the world. Visit my.avantgo.com for more information.

Old 27-02-2003, 07:17 PM

avant go for series 60

my 3650 times out everytime i try to sync to avantgo's server... anyone else having similar issues?

Old 27-02-2003, 08:16 PM

muggy is on a distinguished road
Not really a suprise - I noticed it on the 7650 of the speaker at the Sun Tech Days a couple of weeks ago. He had the phone being projected on the screen.

I was a big fan of AvantGo years ago on the Palm, I'm looking forward to using it! Shame that it's 500k!

Old 03-03-2003, 11:14 AM

Re: avant go for series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanphony
my 3650 times out everytime i try to sync to avantgo's server... anyone else having similar issues?
Managed to make 1 connection 3 days ago, nothing since.... :(

Old 19-03-2003, 03:50 AM

Edgedale is on a distinguished road
I have try to install this appl on my phone, the setup file is huge, not forgetting the installation part...it's so huge that my phone can not install. CAN NOT MAKE IT even i have remove un-important appl and data from my phone.

I hope Avantgo will come out the next version, smaller or keep it under 50kb.

"Ask and you will get. Seek and you will find"

Old 21-03-2003, 01:43 AM

YLA is on a distinguished road
Requirements: 1 MB of Available RAM :roll:

www.X-power.be (dutch xbox site)

yla's car, the movie
Ads