All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 18-12-2009, 11:30 PM

OARI_09 is on a distinguished road
It's always the same thing: the best apps, such a powerfull Os and rich UI interface but most of the Nokia phones cant run such apps cause they need large amount of HW
try The N900 at last... :(

Old 19-12-2009, 08:18 AM

Arcade is on a distinguished road
Im not sure why everyone is complaining about speed. I have the beta installed and it cruises along pretty well on my E71x.
Cons were that it didnt integrate nokia messaging and it doesnt show the wifi scanning or music player like it comes on the regular home screen.

The photos screen does take upto 5 secs to start, but is one of the best ways to view snaps on a E-series (which has this really horrible gallery). The Contacts screen while not essential is like a good visual speed dial and the home screen is simply awesome with loads of functionality and looks.
I love how it integrates Handy clock, handy calender, handy profiles and Handy weather. It also has a lite version of Handy Taskman as well.

While the rotating cube does show bad aliasing at times, The application does make the phone look damn impressive and wows everyone Ive shown it to.
Definitely buying this app. Probably wont get Handy weather though as its way too expensive.

Old 19-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Paya

1.0 Saved 5800 experience for me, 2.0 pointless

I have version 1.0 installed on my 5800, and it's incredibly more useful than default home screen.

Don't quite see the point in upgrading though, now if Handy Shell would be able to display widgets to get something like a N97 experience, that would be worth an upgrade. And the lack of integration with Nokia Messaging is a HUGE miss!
Ads