All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Links of Interest

Old 29-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Nokia Multimedia Transfer now supports the N86 (and N97?)

Nokia Multimedia Transfer just got itself a profile update - ignore the claimed compatibility in their flash widget - if you update your Mac's Nokia Multimedia Transfer now you'll get the new configurations. It definitely now works with the N86 (screenshot proof below) - can someone please confirm that the N97 also works?

Read on in the full article.

Old 29-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Yes it work in N97

I cannot attach and image because i'm not in my iMac, but yes, after the profiles updates it works correctly and perfectly in my N97, and the transfer rate of music, images and videos seems really fast.

Now waiting for iSync support...

Old 29-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

timsalmon is on a distinguished road
Steve Tease...

...have Nokia sent you an E90S ?!? Now *there* would be a scoop! Tee hee.

Tim

Old 29-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Ah - now the cat's out of the bag! 8-)

Old 29-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Richard Elliott

N86 & Nokia Multimedia Transfer

Steve,

How exactly have you managed to get the N86 to come up on Nokia Multimedia Transfer??

When I try (Version 1.4.1 is all I can find) the phone is still listed as unsupported.

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts...

Richard Elliott

Old 29-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Administrator

The secret is to go into NMT>Tools and settings>Check for updates now - it'll go online and pick up the new profiles.

Old 27-07-2009, 01:52 PM

rogernordin is on a distinguished road
Exclamation N86 support, what about Memory Card vs Mass Memory??

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitchfield View Post
Nokia Multimedia Transfer just got itself a profile update - ignore the claimed compatibility in their flash widget - if you update your Mac's Nokia Multimedia Transfer now you'll get the new configurations. It definitely now works with the N86 (screenshot proof below) - can someone please confirm that the N97 also works?

Read on in the full article.
What about having the ability to select which memory is filled up with iTunes (and such) transfers??

The sync is working fine here, but I have no such option - however, Nokia says themselves that on devices where a built-in Mass Memory AND Memory Card is available, a selection SHOULD be available. Reference:
http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-.../miscellaneous

So is it just missing for me, or have anyone else noticed it?!?

BR/Roger

Old 28-07-2009, 05:34 AM
Administrator

Works for me - I get a choice of both on-screen!

Old 28-07-2009, 05:37 AM

Lightbulb Wierd

Thanks for confirming that. That is wierd. Guess there is some bug somewhere. Did you add the N86 as a fresh device or not? I added it as replacing my existing N82 device (which of course did NOT have such an option).

Old 29-07-2009, 04:55 AM

Talking Whaaaaaaa

Hey "DRMremoval" this thread is about Nokia Multimedia Transfer. If you want to discuss some other option, there are plenty of other threads or you can start your own, there is no need to hijack every thread you see to post a plug for your software.

Btw, your way seem incredibly complicated actually, in comparsion. I don't even have to think about where the files are located (matching ID3 data that is the criteria for my selection with physical filenames too), neither on my harddisk, nor my phone. Why would I want to, tell me? I just keep playlists in iTunes, and when I connect the phone, it "just happens", fully automatic. As simple as it should be on a Mac. :-)

BR/Roger

Old 29-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogernordin View Post
Thanks for confirming that. That is wierd. Guess there is some bug somewhere. Did you add the N86 as a fresh device or not? I added it as replacing my existing N82 device (which of course did NOT have such an option).
I added as a new device, yes.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:47 PM

colin37400 is on a distinguished road
I have had an N97 for a week or so now. I have a mac (OSX10.5) and have installed NMT.

I thought it had been working OK until hitting some problems I haven't been able to resolve, as follows:

Most of my music is in ALAC format, so when copying tracks to my N97 it coverts them to mp4 on the fly. I had created a playlist called "phone" in itunes and set NMM to sync with this playlist. In that playlist I initially put about a third of my total number of itunes tracks, and synced these with my N97 - that worked fine. Then I added another bunch of files - that worked fine.

Then, once about 2/3 of my music was in that playlist, I decided to tell NMT to sync with the "music" folder in iTunes - in other words all of my music (about 5000 tracks). I assumed that this woudl result in NMT putting the remaining 1/3 of my music (ie what wasn't in my "phone" playlist) onto my phone.

But this seemed to confuse it - when I connected and started transfers it actuially started trying to delete tracks. I abandoned that and just put all my music into my "phone" playlist, unchecked the "music" folder in the NMT settings (ie asked it to sync with the "phone" playlist, which now contained all my music). But now it seems to be trying to transfer tracks that it has already transferred, and is failing to even try to transfer others (as far as I can see).

Does anyone have any idea what might be going, and a way to resolve this? I don't really want to have to start over again as the transfer process is rather time consuming (have mostly been leaving it to do it overnight etc).

Having just seen this thread, I did the "check for updates" and it tells me it has installed some updates. I might try again with the sync just in case this update has fixed whatever was going wrong.
Ads

Old 10-08-2009, 12:56 PM

NickAnstee is on a distinguished road
Since upgrading to MAC OSX 10.5.8 I just can't get my Nokia N97 to connect to NMT.

I can connect my N97 via Bluetooth or Mass Storage etc without using NMT and I can browse the device or see it as a Camera in iPhoto. But I canít add the N97as a device in NMT, in either USB Mode or Bluetooth, I have tried re-installing NMT Version 1.4.1 multiple times, checking for updates etc.

Any suggestions?

Old 13-08-2009, 12:06 AM

colin37400 is on a distinguished road
Well, I thought I'd sorted things by re-installing NMT onto my mac. It seemed to be doing what it ought to. Then it gets to the end, and tells me there are three files (out of about 5000) that it couldn't transfer. Fair enough I thought, a retry ought to sort that out, it was probably just a temporary problem.

But then I realised that although it reckoned it had synced everything I asked it to, checking on my N97 revealed that there were about 400 files it hadn't done.

So I tried reconnecting the phone, and asking it to sync again... it thinks about it for a while but then (according to the progress bar) begins "uploading" various files - but I know it's not really, because if it is doing what it ought to, it should be converting each file to AAC and then uploading it. Sure enough a refresh on the phone confirms nothing's been added.

This is really hopeless. It's not exactly pushing the boundaries of computing science - syncing a bunch of files. How long did Nokia give someone to write this? Half an hour?

I'm really starting to think I'm going to be joining the increasing number of people saying this is going to be their last Nokia device. It's really a shame because in so many ways the phone is really nice. But they've just managed to totally screw up the software in a big way. And with competitors like the iphone, which shows how important good software is to the user experience and all that - that's a really big blunder.

Old 18-11-2009, 11:48 AM

tomfox is on a distinguished road
NMT has ceased to even recognise my N97 (despite it mounting on the desktop on mass storage). Thought I'd re-install it, but on Nokia's website n97 is no longer listed as compatible.

One thing to say about the n97 is that it does keep you busy