All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 16-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Eseries get free Quickoffice 6 upgrades

Starting today, users of the Nokia E51, E52, E55, E63, E71, E72, E75 and E90 can download the upgrade to version 6.0 of Quickoffice for free. Each of these Eseries device already came with the editing version of the suite, but version 6.0 contains some feature upgrades, including spreadsheet charting and word count, plus numerous usability tweaks. Future upgrades will also be free and will include PowerPoint 2007 format support. Quickoffice 6 will initially only be available in English and a fully localized update will follow in the near future. Go into Quickmanager on your Eseries phone to get the upgrade. Watch this space for further announcements and clarifications from Quickoffice at the end of the month, plus we've also managed to get an exclusive interview that should answer a lot of your questions.

Read on in the full article.

Old 16-06-2009, 08:35 PM
coopere

Thumbs up about time

i could never justify the price i had to pay for this, hence why i never purchased it and just kept the basic editor on my phone. but who doesn't like free

Old 16-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Cool

So why did I pay for it only a short time ago! Tends to put me off paying if I just have to wait a bit longer.

Old 16-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

N- Series?

I've always considered buying this for my N85, but have my reservations about using word and excel on such a small screen

Now that version 6 has been reduced to $20 ( about 13) on their website, does anyone have any experience using the full quickoffice with T9 rather than qwerty? or would i need to invest in a bluetooth keyboard (something else i was considering)?
Ads

Old 16-06-2009, 08:56 PM

zxon is on a distinguished road
I've got QuickOffice v5 on my N95 and it's been surprisingly easy to use, even using the T9 dictionary. The only issue I've ever had was putting in any numbers where the first decimal digit is a one (like 2.1, 55.142, 187.19 etc) because I don't wait long enough for the cursor to move along before pressing 1 again after putting in the decimal place.

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

Old 16-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Chris V

Question Just E Series?

I think this free upgrade should apply to people who forked out what is a considerable amount to get the Editor versions on the N Series, the numbered Nokia and the Samsung S60 devices.

If someone at AAS can pass this thought onto QuickOffice folks that'd be nice.

Having said that, just checked their website and they're offering v6 for $20 for new licences and $10 for existing licence holders.

I still would prefer it if they just decided to be extra nice and just throw in the free upgrade to those who've purchased the editor version.

I know it's only 5, but feels great to know you've gotten something for free for which you'd normally have to pay quite a bit.

I remember when Handango had the Friday freebies thing going on and I got LCG Jukebox for free on my ol' 6630. Felt great :p

Old 16-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Quickoffice 6 on N97

Did anybody try Quickoffice 6 on a N97 or at leas ton a 5800?

Old 16-06-2009, 10:07 PM

tatoo1000 is on a distinguished road
Quickoffice 6 on N97

Did anybody try Quickoffice 6 on a N97 or at least on a 5800?

Old 16-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Chris V

Question Just the E Series?

I think this free upgrade should apply to people who forked out what is a considerable amount to get the Editor versions on the N Series, the numbered Nokia and the Samsung S60 devices.

If someone at AAS can pass this thought onto QuickOffice folks that'd be nice.

Having said that, just checked their website and they're offering v6 for $20 for new licences and $10 for existing licence holders.

I still would prefer it if they just decided to be extra nice and just throw in the free upgrade to those who've purchased the editor version.

I know it's only 5, but feels great to know you've gotten something for free for which you'd normally have to pay quite a bit.

I remember when Handango had the Friday freebies thing going on and I got LCG Jukebox for free on my ol' 6630. Felt great :p

Old 16-06-2009, 11:29 PM

info-overload is on a distinguished road
I just assumed Nokia paid Quickoffice so they could but Quickoffice on the phones.

I am assuming that Quickoffice was charging more for editing version which went on the E series.

I also assume that Nokia and Quickoffice have come to some arragement to allow the free upgrade. Prehaps Nokia paid some more money to Quickoffice?

Old 17-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation And none for N97

And they have left out putting this software on the N97 when they are touting it as a mobile-pc..
*weird*

Old 17-06-2009, 04:52 AM

malerocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And they have left out putting this software on the N97 when they are touting it as a mobile-pc..
*weird*
What???? Thats insane. Are you sure? Can anyone confirm?

Old 17-06-2009, 05:13 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by malerocks View Post
What???? Thats insane. Are you sure? Can anyone confirm?
Well, I'm holding onto the N97 from Singapore.

The quickoffice on mine is viewer only. I need to purchase a license to edit.
The PDF reader LE 2.5 on it is trial version too...

Old 17-06-2009, 06:11 AM

malerocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, I'm holding onto the N97 from Singapore.

The quickoffice on mine is viewer only. I need to purchase a license to edit.
The PDF reader LE 2.5 on it is trial version too...
Ok. I read your post originally as the n97 does not have quick office at all. Nokia anyways have never put the word / excel editors on any phones except the eseries devices, as they are the only ones tagged by nokia as 'office' devices..

Old 17-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Two points: there ISN'T a version of Quickoffice (editing) for S60 5th Edition yet. That's coming shortly.

Secondly, to be fair, Nokia don't pretend the N97 is a 'mobile PC' - it's unashamedly an Nseries with a pop-out keyboard for you to use in messaging, social networks etc.