All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 28-01-2009, 01:38 AM

deathwest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I already upgrade to v30 without realising unsigned apps cannot be installed, so I'm going to wait until somebody cracks that version before I even consider upgrading given the lack of features or real improvements.
I have now 30.0.019 "not hackable" but a new hack was found today or yesterday, it works, I can install unsigned and read/write private and sys. I suggest you to go on www.symbian-freak.com

No need to thanks... I am just a messenger

Last edited by deathwest; 28-01-2009 at 02:47 AM.

Old 28-01-2009, 04:41 AM

haritia is on a distinguished road
Just upgraded to v31. Haven't noticed anything spectacularly positive yet. On the other had, I have noticed that pressing the Gallery button does nothing anymore for me and pressing and holding it goes into some sort of color screen test. Can anyone see if theirs does the same thing.

Phone is fine, I can get out of the test screen just fine so no panic but it seems like an unusual action.

Old 28-01-2009, 08:00 AM
evilracer

upgraded to v31 withotu any problems

and hacked using the Y Drive method
Ads

Old 28-01-2009, 11:54 AM

dooferlad is on a distinguished road
Seems to work fine...

N82 RM-313 upgrade went without incident and maps loads fine. Not tried much yet.

Still have two lines of text for "Search: Internet and My content" :-(

Old 28-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

I've updated from '30 to '31 without any problems. So far I haven't noticed any visual changes, but the whole telephone is much faster - Menu, Gallery, etc...
All the soft and other info are still there after the update, Nokia maps is working like a charm.
I reccommend u all to make this update.

Old 29-01-2009, 09:41 AM

Jay3gsm is on a distinguished road
I updated my phone last night - I had a few issues during the software reload, but once sorted everything seems to be working ok.

Old 29-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

I have an unbranded N82 w/ product code Rm-313. v.31 is not showing up. I even went to the Device software update page to check, there too it also states v.30.0.019. So any ideas, on what's the deal here?

Old 30-01-2009, 11:25 AM

sad1f is on a distinguished road
ok, this isn't even funny... My Music Player just kept showing no icons and gave no options to browse or refresh library... so reluctantly i had to do a factory reset... and now Music Works, but it has "repaired corrupt library" two times out of 5...

anybody else having this issue???

Old 30-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation 31.0.0.016 update hangs on N82 (RM313)

Hi all, can anyone help?
I seem to be having a rough time installing the update. Followed all the instructions (even added a few like put the phone into general profile and disconnect and turn of bluetooth). It still crashes! The message comes "Phone recovery Nokia Software has lost its connection with your device. Follow these instruction...."- battery reboot scenario. I've done this several times to no avail. The phone seems to be working again but not sure what the impact of the aborted upgrades is. Any one got any ideas why this is happening- before you ask yes it's connected using the dedicated cable.
Thanks in advance
Phonske

Old 30-01-2009, 09:58 PM

Jay3gsm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, can anyone help?
I seem to be having a rough time installing the update. Followed all the instructions (even added a few like put the phone into general profile and disconnect and turn of bluetooth). It still crashes! The message comes "Phone recovery Nokia Software has lost its connection with your device. Follow these instruction...."- battery reboot scenario. I've done this several times to no avail. The phone seems to be working again but not sure what the impact of the aborted upgrades is. Any one got any ideas why this is happening- before you ask yes it's connected using the dedicated cable.
Thanks in advance
Phonske
I had similar issues when trying to upgrade. What made a difference for me was actually plugging in the charger, which at the beginning of the upgrade I had not done so did not plug in after the first time the system gave the lost connection message.

When I plugged the charger in, after connecting the USB cable and putting the battery back in, the phone kicked into life. First time I've ever had issues like this on an upgrade though

Old 30-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

i have de v 31, but i have a probleme with nokia maps with out connection at internet, it dindn`t work. and i thing is move slowly...my opinion.i will try to reinstal it and then il will try again..

Old 01-02-2009, 02:28 AM
J@mes

Thanks for the info

Hi, I have just one tiny question: Is this new version stable? From what I have read from your review, I think this new firmware is not reliable.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:18 PM

marjanana is on a distinguished road
Unhappy problem with ringtone selection after update!

After upgrading my n82 to the new firmware, when I go to settings to change the ringtone, it only gives me two options, "off" and "download"!!! I can not choose from anyother ringtones like before! anyone else has this problem?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Upgraded to 31.0.16 from 30.0.x, smooth upgrade, no data lost, not even contact groups deleted. (Strange ... isn't it) ?

Old 04-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Problem with Date in new Firmware v31

Yesterday I made an update to my system from v30 to v31 and I now have problem with the system DATE... it adds days by it self!!!!!!!!!!! Don't make this update SOS....... I try to reset the phone and make a clean update but nothing... the problem is still there....