All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-09-2008, 03:00 PM

sirlukas is on a distinguished road
It is so annoying, I have "upgraded" the firmware and now even though I have tried everything to free some memory I get always the same message when trying to send text message!
"General: Memory full. Close some applications and try again"
I have no applications running apart from "stand by" and it is extremely frustrating.
I have tried reloading the software again and not restoring settings from PC Suite, only from Memory Card.
Maybe I should try and not to restore them at all?

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

"Internet Explorer serves to browse Internet from Your computer and vice versa..."

Old 12-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
yeah, dont restore any settings. Its normally a problem causer.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:17 PM

Now it works, after third upgrade, and not restoring settings!
Thank you, but....

How the hell am I gonna get my numbers back on the phone?
Can I choose what I want to restore only?

EDIT: I tried and I can not :(

That is clearly a bug, I think Nokia should be notified and create Hot Fix for that!

"Internet Explorer serves to browse Internet from Your computer and vice versa..."

Last edited by sirlukas; 12-09-2008 at 03:43 PM.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:07 PM

OMG!

Luckily, I had another backup on a different PC Suite at home, and it did work!
Have no idea, why it did not in the first place?

<yuppi>

Old 15-09-2008, 01:20 PM

m.r.davies is on a distinguished road
i've notcied the browser crashes when on the web, and a few other little annoying things

i've not noticed anything worth upgrading for.

Old 15-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
personally I find it best to keep all my contacts sync'd via pc suite, and my apps stored somewhere else. Come update time, re sync my phone with pcsuite and reinstall the apps, or use something that can do that for you.

I have had the issue with the browser just shutting too, although annoyingly it only happens on the nokia site itself!!

Old 18-09-2008, 10:35 AM

Unplugged is on a distinguished road
the browser still has that annoying bug where you enter a text box as the page is still rendering and the textbox moves down but the text entry just paints a white box where it used to be. This is fine as you can still carry on typing however when you hit a direction to come out of the textbox it either jumps to the "back" selection page or closes the browser.

V. Annoying!

Old 30-09-2008, 09:22 AM

My telephone keeps on playing on me.
The same thing happened three times since I thought I had it resolved.
I keep on restarting the phone using "*+3+green+power" and by holding them till pin prompt arrives the phone gets restarted to factory defaults, and is totally cleared.
Then I restore some of my settings and it works fine for few days, although recently broke two times in a short period of time.

Basically, at some point it says that the Memory is Full and can not send any messages.
People are telling me that they receive one message four times and my phone does not seem to send it.
Sometimes it just tries to send and immediately says "Resend after ...". it happens pretty much instantly, even without trying to send.

I am pretty disappointed with new v30 software.
Do you have any experience in solving a similar problem.

This time I cleared it and restored telephone numbers from Memory Card and Calendar Entries from PS Suite, nothing else, and I will see if this helps.

Thanks

Old 30-09-2008, 10:34 AM

MaciekBora is on a distinguished road
I have this from Reset Generation forum. Try this tips and don't restore anything, even phone numbers.

[]
[0.]
Check if you have the latest version of Nokia PC Suite (v7.0.8.2 or later).
[1.]
Backup your phone memory to your PC using PC Suite (needed to preserve your Game progress!)
[2.]
Copy your files (music, videos, documents, images etc) from the Nokia memory card or hard drive (if available) to your PC(use of USB mass storage recommended).
[3.] Copy your music, images and original SISX, Java, etc. installation files for your applications, themes, etc. from your Nokia memory card or hard drive (if availabl) to your PC. (Do not simply copy over installed application's directories/files.)
[4.]
Format memory card or hard drive (if available) by selecting Tools > Memory > Options > Format mem.card > Format memory Card
[5.]
Upgrade your phone's firmware with with Nokia Software Updater (NSU)
[6.]
After the device has completely started up again, reset your device memory by selecting Menu > Tools > Settings > Phone > General > Orig. Phone Settings and enter 12345.
[7.]
Restore your phone memory from your PC using PC Suite by selecting Backup from the PC Suite menu and then selecting Restore.
[8.]
Copy back your hard drive or memory card contents from your memory card or PC to your clean memory card or hard drive (if available).
[]
Ads

Old 30-09-2008, 11:36 AM

Will give it a go, when I have got more time.

Thank you for swift response

Old 30-09-2008, 03:55 PM

emerher is on a distinguished road
yeah, the good old v30... I was expecting much more as it took nokia three months to release it. I thought of heavy browser improvements because it's REALLY slow, the quality of flash videos within the browser is just awful when compared to e.g. Mobitubias youtube streams, but why??

I also have to say that the space online share 3.0 wastes on the active standby is completely useless. I have to admit that I hardly ever upload any pictures (as they aren't uploaded at full resolution anyway), but there should be at least the option to disable online share's status bar.
I expected the updated applications such as search, onl. share, download! and ngage to boot up faster as they are now integrated into the fw, but I was proved wrong. The apps are as slow as they were when installed seperately in v21..

the only things i liked about the update was the flv file association to flash player and the ASR. I hope the wrecked menu (small icons) is a bug and not a feature..