All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-09-2008, 01:11 AM

Adendum is on a distinguished road
Can no longer sync via PC Suite

Guys...need your help!

Have had both my N73's syncing with my Vaio laptop for over 18 months now but recently I have had some changes and I confess I have lost track exactly when I became unable to sync. Nokia support couldn't be any less helpful, Sony are even worse and I'm seriously stuck.

The recent changes include: Abandoned Norton 360 AV suite, installed PC Tools AV suite, allowed Nokia PC Suite to update to version 7 (when I first noticed the problem), on Nokia instruction I attempted to update my bluetooth stack (???) and ended up updating to SP3. I'm running XP Media Centre btw. I have uninstalled all traces of PC Suite and re-installed sooooo many times and have lost count of the reboots.

What I don't understand is that the BT app that came with the Sony shows all paired devices and I can transfer files to and from the N73 - so something is seeing the phone. Help > About says Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba v4.00.31b(SO). I don't see any bluetooth references in Device Manager except for a Bluetooth Personal Area Network from Toshiba in the Network Adapters section and 10 different COM ports.

PC Suite will start and not see the N73 and immediately shows a window that says Are you having a problem with your USB connection...or sometimes with your INFRARED connection - both of which I have never used. The window behind that shows all three possible connections greyed out.

I'm pretty computer literate and not afraid to pull systems apart but my weak area is networking and stuff like this...I have no idea what I am doing or where to start..........so guys, what else do you need from me to help resolve the problem??

Paul
Ads