All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 06-08-2008, 07:12 AM

davidmaxwaterma is on a distinguished road
'epic'??

> Rafe's epic

Personally, I'd prefer to not hear these kind of jibes, even if said in 'jest' and are representative of the relationships in the AAS team.

In any case, I hope Rafe doesn't pay any attention to them. I prefer the in depth reviews, and thorough narrative on the podcasts.

...but anyway....

Max.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:02 AM

Williamoni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Never knew it came from the generation game, I assume this is the 1970s version from before my time? :-)
Yeah ok, I was only a boy myself!

Mr Wrinkly

By the way, Max, I interpreted 'epic' as a compliment in the context of the review, as in thorough, leaving no stone unturned. Anyway I'm sure Rafe is pleased there are people looking out for him.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamoni View Post

Mr Wrinkly

By the way, Max, I interpreted 'epic' as a compliment in the context of the review, as in thorough, leaving no stone unturned. Anyway I'm sure Rafe is pleased there are people looking out for him.
I also remember the 'generation game'. I think the catch phrase also got a mention in 'The Vicar of Dibley' at one point

Yes, 'epic' could be interpreted that way, I suppose. I guess it's more the time limits that the other guys put on him in the podcasts that I find a little annoying, and the little comments implying he talks for too long and is too boring. Perhaps he should have a podcast of his own so that those of us who are more interested in the serious 'business' side of all this stuff can get the benefit of his insight

Old 06-08-2008, 11:24 AM

Williamoni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes, 'epic' could be interpreted that way, I suppose. I guess it's more the time limits that the other guys put on him in the podcasts that I find a little annoying, and the little comments implying he talks for too long and is too boring.
I thought Ewan was a bit off with him a couple of podcasts ago. Something about going off to make a cup of tea whilst Rafe was speaking.

To be fair to Rafe he laughed it off pretty well and delivered like a true professional.

I like a bit of variety in the podcasts so I'm happy with the current format.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamoni View Post
I thought Ewan was a bit off with him a couple of podcasts ago. Something about going off to make a cup of tea whilst Rafe was speaking.

To be fair to Rafe he laughed it off pretty well and delivered like a true professional.

I like a bit of variety in the podcasts so I'm happy with the current format.
I guess I don't like it that much because they're trying to get Rafe to talk *less*, and I want to hear what he has to say. Not that the others aren't interesting too, of course (esp. Steve), but Rafe seems to focus more on the business and marketing aspects than the others which is what I'm interested in. I'm not really interested in the games apart from a technological and business stand points.

I could quite believe others might think differently...

Old 06-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not really interested in the games apart from a technological and business stand points.
Interesting to hear that! AAN has tended to focus on actually playing the games but AAS is probably the more appropriate place to discuss the business implications of a gaming platform based on Symbian.

It's interesting that the gaming industry has these two totally different ways of being covered, yet it's ultimately all the same subject matter.

In a way it's true for Symbian too, some people want to use the phones while others are interested in their significance for the mobile device industry.

Quote:

Mr Wrinkly
It's actually quite frightening how quickly you can feel old nowadays. For example here in Finland a lot of children now don't know what a landline phone is! They've grown up with mobiles and call charges are so low that many young families have no form of landline at all, so the kids find the idea of a phone attached to a wall rather odd.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Is the D-pad the same as the N82? If so maybe theres hope that we may see the navi-wheel on the N82 in the future??

Old 06-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Talking

Thanks for the fish. But I cannot see the score.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

I have installed Nokia Maps 2.0 on my N82 and it feels a lot slower than Nokia Maps 1.2

Sadly, you can't uninstall it :-(
Ads

Old 10-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

N78's score ?

Please, what is the N78's score after this very interesting review ?
Thanks for your reply
Gérard

Old 12-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Question GPS - what after 3 months

"The N78 comes with 3 months of free navigation as a taster for people to experience the real time functionality."

Sorry for my lack of knowledge. Never used GPS on a cell phone before. But what happens after 3 months. Can not be that GPS simply stops working.