All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-04-2008, 07:55 AM

Menneisyys is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsRejection View Post
You forgot to mention that the 9502 has XGA video out. The killer app for that device was demoed to me at the MWC. It was a 9502 using Remote Desktop Mobile to connect to a Vista machine, then the bloke connected his mobile to a HDTV then connected a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to it and it ran flawlessly.
Unfortunately, it's the 6150/8150 that has an XGA output, NOT the 9502. The latter only has a crappy analogue TV output (at VGA resolution). See my review of all of i-mate's new devices at http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ind...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1 for more info if interested.

Old 25-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythonista View Post
Why can't Canon stick Wifi and Linux in one of their cameras? The camera on the E90 is excrutiatingly sssllloooowwww.
Hmm, I don't find the camera slow, at least no slower than other camera-phones. The shutter button is crappy though. The pics are really good too, in my opinion. With good lighting conditions, or using the proper settings, you can get really amazing pic quality - for a camera-phone. I've printed out A4 copies of my pics and everyone I show them to are blown away by the quality.

Quote:
Given exorbitant prepaid GPRS rates, it is impossible to use the phone as a browser
You get a decent fixed rate with many operators around the world for GPRS/EDGE/3G/3.5G.

Quote:
sending a folder of html files from a Macbook via bluetooth is not quick and easy. The phone says it can not accept files of that type (a folder full of web pages).
I really don't get the problem here... Simply use bluetooth on your Mac to browse the directory on the E90 and drag/drop any file/folder to any directory on the phone. It can't be much simpler than that...
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Last edited by Raven; 25-04-2008 at 01:22 PM.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:39 AM
WinMoFreak

Exclamation Battle of the Black Metal Titans

You guys should try checking out the HTC Tytn II. It beats the pants off any current Nokia/i-Mate device.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I have both TyTN II and the imate Ultimate 9502. I prefer the imate anytime, which is much better than the TyTN II.
Ads

Old 05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down nonsense

I own the Ultimate 9502
your review is totally biased !

did you doctor the picture to deliberately make it look that bad ?
or are you just lousy at taking photographs ?

And as for that first picture you put on top of the page !
Well the E90's screen is facing the camera while the 9502 is laying flat with the screen facing upwards.

How much did Nokia pay you to post this crap ?

people are'nt as stupid as you would like them to be.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy with E90

I bought an E90 some time ago and sent it back. My main problems:

1. The 3G is on a frequency that no US carrier supports, something Nokia did not make clear on their web page; when I phoned them to check I was told that the U.S. version did support 3G in the U.S., which is not true.

2. The word processor is much worse than on my 9300. It can only have one book loaded at a time, and loading a book takes about ten minutes. One of the things I use a phone for is as a portable library/word processor.

The software also felt generally clunky--I don't know if it has improved since.

Is there a good third party word processor that one can use instead of the built in one?

Old 03-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Biased?

Quote:
I own the Ultimate 9502
your review is totally biased !

did you doctor the picture to deliberately make it look that bad ?
or are you just lousy at taking photographs ?

And as for that first picture you put on top of the page !
Well the E90's screen is facing the camera while the 9502 is laying flat with the screen facing upwards.

How much did Nokia pay you to post this crap ?

people are'nt as stupid as you would like them to be.
Biased? The article has more images showing the 9502 than the E90!

The 9502 is huge in comparison to what the E90 offers. Very few phones could rival the E90's wide 800x352 internal screen. Websites don't look nearly as good on VGA resolution, despite having more pixels.

I still miss my extensive and powerful software on my old XDA2 though. Begin a programmer, I found developing for WinMo/PocketPC using the familiar Win32 API was very easy compared to developing on the S60. If the SE Xperia X1 delivers what it promises, then the E90 will finally have a serious competitor (although by then the E90 will be more available and far less expensive).

Old 15-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Crap review

Biased and outdated review,imate supports larger amounts of memory with wm 6.1 and its half the price of what E90 is where i live,and i do agree that your pic taking skills suck or you did it on purpose cos my imate 9502 takes pretty decent pics for a phone not as bad as you are showing,its not a picture phone alright but it handles everything at once.Oh also you dont have to use the internet explorer for web browsing you can purchase or download other software and get more efficiency out of that VGA screen so half the points you marked as a "cons" is BS.