All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #31  
Old 11-11-2007, 08:28 PM
3Shirts 3Shirts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,285
3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudda View Post
1) Ok two diff things "technically" but in actual terms we are just trying the software for him
2) wouldnt have got it without "donating" ... thats pretty much having to buy it in my books
3) Lots of stuff runs in the background ... shouldnt totally slaughter the battery like it did (others have also complained the same ... see above).
4) It "freeware" but I had to pay to get it (sense?) . nuff said
Jesus mate, why don't you just f*ck off, seriosuly. Samir has created a freeware app that kicks ass but has some problems as it is still under development. If you wanted a full functioning product then you should have waited until the final release! It was made crystal clear both here and on Samir's site that donating is just that; giving money to help the developer, the beta you get is a thankyou for donating, not a 'release' of the product.
If you aren't happy with it, uninstall it and wait for the final product which will be freeware anyway.
How can you expect a prerelease beta to be perfect, if it was, it wouldn't be a beta!

  #32  
Old 12-11-2007, 08:59 AM
surfshag surfshag is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 96
surfshag is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts View Post
Jesus mate, why don't you just f*ck off, seriosuly. Samir has created a freeware app that kicks ass but has some problems as it is still under development. If you wanted a full functioning product then you should have waited until the final release! It was made crystal clear both here and on Samir's site that donating is just that; giving money to help the developer, the beta you get is a thankyou for donating, not a 'release' of the product.
If you aren't happy with it, uninstall it and wait for the final product which will be freeware anyway.
How can you expect a prerelease beta to be perfect, if it was, it wouldn't be a beta!

Well said....

  #33  
Old 12-11-2007, 10:08 AM
craig law craig law is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: LONDON
Posts: 30
craig law is on a distinguished road
rotate me beta is avail from samirs web page for free with no danotion required.
http://www.bysamir.fr/rotateme/UIQ/
__________________
N95, V.12 .0.013 02 uk

  #34  
Old 12-11-2007, 10:20 AM
3Shirts 3Shirts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,285
3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig law View Post
rotate me beta is avail from samirs web page for free with no danotion required.
http://www.bysamir.fr/rotateme/UIQ/
Hmm, the UIQ version, that'll be very helpful for all us N95 owners

  #35  
Old 12-11-2007, 11:06 AM
nudda nudda is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 231
nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts View Post
Jesus mate, why don't you just f*ck off, seriosuly. Samir has created a freeware app that kicks ass but has some problems as it is still under development. If you wanted a full functioning product then you should have waited until the final release! It was made crystal clear both here and on Samir's site that donating is just that; giving money to help the developer, the beta you get is a thankyou for donating, not a 'release' of the product.
If you aren't happy with it, uninstall it and wait for the final product which will be freeware anyway.
How can you expect a prerelease beta to be perfect, if it was, it wouldn't be a beta!
no need to swear to voice your 2 cents worth ... you sh!t stain.

  #36  
Old 12-11-2007, 11:07 AM
nudda nudda is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 231
nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts View Post
Hmm, the UIQ version, that'll be very helpful for all us N95 owners
hes only trying to help you f*ck face. head get arse out.

  #37  
Old 12-11-2007, 11:10 AM
3Shirts 3Shirts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,285
3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudda View Post
hes only trying to help you f*ck face. head get arse out.
I was only messing, i'm sure he can handle it and doesn't need you to defend his honour!

Anyway, back on topic, has anyone tested the battery drain issue to get an idea how bad it is?

  #38  
Old 12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
nudda nudda is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 231
nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts View Post
I was only messing, i'm sure he can handle it and doesn't need you to defend his honour!

Anyway, back on topic, has anyone tested the battery drain issue to get an idea how bad it is?
get a life. im done with this thread.

  #39  
Old 12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
ph7 ph7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 29
ph7 is on a distinguished road
I for one never had any serious battery issues with rotateme. If it's left running overnight with 100% battery initially, in the morning the battery is in around 90%. I don't think that's a big deal.
Anyway this is a BETA app, from one single developer in his own free time, who doesn't even own a N95 for real time testing (he borrows one for testing as he writes in his site). Plus that the application supports multiple phones and perhaps there are issues with other models.

We wait forever from the giant Nokia to release a new firmware that fixes real bugs in a very expensive phone, so we shouldn't feel robbed by a small donation to a developer for an app that shows off our fancy N95.

Calling names is childish as well.

  #40  
Old 12-11-2007, 12:37 PM
brittonc brittonc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 42
brittonc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts View Post
Anyway, back on topic, has anyone tested the battery drain issue to get an idea how bad it is?

Must admint I found leaving the app running killed my battery life. If the phone was fully charged in the evening, by the morning it would be down to about 3 bars. I now have the app turned off and just use when needed. I know Samir is working on this issue and hope he is able to fix it as it's a great (and quite flashy) app.

  #41  
Old 12-11-2007, 12:38 PM
3Shirts 3Shirts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,285
3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittonc View Post
Must admint I found leaving the app running killed my battery life. If the phone was fully charged in the evening, by the morning it would be down to about 3 bars. I now have the app turned off and just use when needed. I know Samir is working on this issue and hope he is able to fix it as it's a great (and quite flashy) app.
Definately. I'm sure he is working on it as it seems to me like that is the only real 'problem' with the beta version.

  #42  
Old 12-11-2007, 12:43 PM
ph7 ph7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 29
ph7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittonc View Post
Must admint I found leaving the app running killed my battery life. If the phone was fully charged in the evening, by the morning it would be down to about 3 bars. I now have the app turned off and just use when needed. I know Samir is working on this issue and hope he is able to fix it as it's a great (and quite flashy) app.
Do you have it installed on internal memory or in the MSD card? I have it in internal memory and as I wrote it doesn't consume that much.

  #43  
Old 12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
3Shirts 3Shirts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,285
3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph7 View Post
Do you have it installed on internal memory or in the MSD card? I have it in internal memory and as I wrote it doesn't consume that much.
Mine is on internal memory too. I have noticed faster power drain (not as fast as others seem to suggest).

  #44  
Old 12-11-2007, 01:01 PM
brittonc brittonc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 42
brittonc is on a distinguished road
I have mine installed to the memory card as I do with most apps. I try and leave the internal memory free to avoid running out and getting errors!

  #45  
Old 12-11-2007, 01:13 PM
ph7 ph7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 29
ph7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittonc View Post
I have mine installed to the memory card as I do with most apps. I try and leave the internal memory free to avoid running out and getting errors!
Internal memory is 147Mb, that's more than enough for many many apps. I have all my apps (around 30) and all the frequently accessed data (contacts, messages, ringtones etc) installed in the internal memory and I have still 60Mb free. The internal memory has nothing to do with the RAM.
I leave the memory card only for rarely used data, maps & media.

Accessing the memory card continuously it does drain the memory much faster. And I suspect that higher capacity cards accelerate the rhythm.
Ads
 

Bookmarks

Tags
beta, deleted, rotate

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nokia Beta Labs Published Nseries PC Suite 2.0 henklbr Nokia N95 and N95 8GB 14 26-09-2007 01:05 PM
BETA TESTER WANTED: ETI Camcorder 2.0 Preview Officially Available dfdzgz S60 (Series 60) 7 13-04-2006 10:46 AM
Beta test Appforge Crossfire Rafe Symbian OS News 0 24-11-2003 11:36 PM
WorldMate 2.0 for P800 - Seeking Beta Testers ramel Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 15 26-05-2003 01:51 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:02 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy