All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-11-2007, 09:21 AM

sbc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottie View Post
Has anyone of you noticed how much battery life drops with rotateme running in the background? I can see significant difference :(
This is the big question about RotateMe, I believe. The first day I used the app it seemed to me like it drained somewhat. But because my N95 is in a sync/charge cradle most of the time, I haven't been able to investigate further.

So, what are YOUR experiences? Does RotateMe drain the battery?

Old 10-11-2007, 09:59 AM

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally.
I thought I was going mad !
Yes it totally killed my battery ... I woke up and on the way to work I got a Low Battery warning. Gutted.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:16 AM

rottie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudda View Post
Finally.
I thought I was going mad !
Yes it totally killed my battery ... I woke up and on the way to work I got a Low Battery warning. Gutted.
Same here! 9hours overnight, nothing else running and LOW BATTERY in the morning.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:28 AM

PMitchell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Same here! 9hours overnight, nothing else running and LOW BATTERY in the morning.
Samir told me, that he knows about the battery drain and it would probably be fixed in the next releases.

Regards,
PM

Old 10-11-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell View Post
Samir told me, that he knows about the battery drain and it would probably be fixed in the next releases.

Regards,
PM
gee thats nice ... donated for no real good reason then to be honest. we dont just want a proof of concept but something that works poperly!

feel robbed now

Old 10-11-2007, 12:27 PM

Halon is on a distinguished road
To be fair, the application is in development. This is kind of the point of testing before general release.
Nokia N97

6600 > 6630 > N70 > N80 > N95 > N95 8GB > N85 > N97

Old 10-11-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
To be fair, the application is in development. This is kind of the point of testing before general release.
and to be fair, trial = beta for which people do not pay for the software!

Old 10-11-2007, 04:52 PM

rottie is on a distinguished road
1)Trial and beta are completely different things. Google it! Developer was stating clearly that it's a beta, so not everything may be working the way it should.
2)You DONATED money, not PAID for anything, see the difference? Can't claim anything because noone told you you're buying anything.
3)Every application running continuosly in the background drains battery. So there's no surprise here, is it? We could only hope it will drain it LESS.
4)"Being robbed" is really inappropriate towards developer who releases all his stuff as freeware, don't you think? Thank you and well done would be much more in place.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
gee thats nice ... donated for no real good reason then to be honest. we dont just want a proof of concept but something that works poperly!

feel robbed now
Hi nudda,

hum, don't understand that. It is a BETA and you DONATED to Samir to support further development. You did not have to, anyway. Is it really about money? Is 1 or 5 or 10 €/$/GBP really a problem?
You donated to support Samir. As a by-effect you are involved into beta-testing and to a certain part able to help foming the application. Isn't that great?

Regards
PM

Old 10-11-2007, 05:37 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
1)Trial and beta are completely different things. Google it! Developer was stating clearly that it's a beta, so not everything may be working the way it should.
2)You DONATED money, not PAID for anything, see the difference? Can't claim anything because noone told you you're buying anything.
3)Every application running continuosly in the background drains battery. So there's no surprise here, is it? We could only hope it will drain it LESS.
4)"Being robbed" is really inappropriate towards developer who releases all his stuff as freeware, don't you think? Thank you and well done would be much more in place.
Full ACK

Old 10-11-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell View Post

Regards,
PM
And before anybody gets something wrong:
I said 'probably' and 'releaseS'. That were the words.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 PM

surfshag is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:

feel robbed now
This is not the place to get personal BUT.... Get you head from up ya Ar&e mate this is one top App and you knew it was a BETA (Still in testing stages) and you know its going to be a FREE app when its finished so give the fella some credit for writing the thing.

Keep up the good work Samir.

Gary

Old 10-11-2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
1) Ok two diff things "technically" but in actual terms we are just trying the software for him
2) wouldnt have got it without "donating" ... thats pretty much having to buy it in my books
3) Lots of stuff runs in the background ... shouldnt totally slaughter the battery like it did (others have also complained the same ... see above).
4) It "freeware" but I had to pay to get it (sense?) . nuff said

Old 10-11-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfshag View Post
This is not the place to get personal BUT.... Get you head from up ya Ar&e mate this is one top App and you knew it was a BETA (Still in testing stages) and you know its going to be a FREE app when its finished so give the fella some credit for writing the thing.

Keep up the good work Samir.

Gary
mate ... when you KNOW beforehand theres something wrong with your product, you DONT release it as BETA. You fix the issue and release it for BETA. BETA is when everything seems fine to you but someone else may discover a problem.

I just think he shouldve ironed out the battery problem before beta release. We cant use the app ... whats the point ?? Its just POC at the moment.
Ads

Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 PM

sbc is on a distinguished road
While I can't get very excited over the fact that there's a problem with a beta app, I find it interesting to yet again get confirmation that the big N95 battery killer is the CPU. Forget about BT, wlan and the display. You only need to run the CPU to kill the battery in no time :(