All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-06-2008, 06:17 AM
Unregistered

Confusing

Dear folks,
I'm trying to find out what I best could use for synchronization, but as I'm just an experienced user and not a thorough technicus, I get confused by all the messages. I have a Sony Ericsson P1i with a slightly different Symbian OS than Nokia. I changed from Outlook to Thunderbird. One thing is that it doesn't synchronize with my phone. Another thing is that the plugin/addon Lightning (Sunbird for working with Thunderbird) does not contain postal adresses. I do have a mobile data account since this month and a possibility of using Black Berry. I also could just configure receiving mail on my phone. As I also use my phone as a agenda and addressbook, I'm looking for a way to keep all info structured in a safe way.

Thus, I want to be able to read/write mail from my home computer (base) and control it with my mobile on the road. I have 4 accounts and would like to include yahoo mail as the fifth. Furhermore, I want to have the same agenda and address book with all CRdata on both my computer and phone, or reachable from it. The sync manager that came with the phone did a good job with outlook (two-way sync with different setting possibilities in case of conflicts). But I also want to get rid of big brother microsoft applications and use open source software.

To simplify my questions: What do I need to do the sync job with P1i, preferably with open source software?

On the web I came accross Scheduleworld and Funambol, but I can't find out what the difference is. It seems Scheduleworld has something to do with Funambol, but that is the limit of my understanding.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marleen Becht
mcbecht@yahoo.com

Old 29-06-2008, 03:59 PM

xerxes is on a distinguished road
Has anyone been able to get an N95 to sync sucessfully with an Oracle Collaoration Suite server?

I have recently moved to a company that uses Collaboration Suite instead of Exchange and am finding it impossible to get an over the air sync to complete.

I have all the connection details for the server but unfortunately, the company only supports WinMob or iPhone as client devices so I cannot get any help from the IT people.
Ads

Old 28-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Scheduleworld

scheduleworld

A very good service. I think it offers al that the others mentioned here do, plus free!!

They have plugins for Firefox for Bluetooth syncing and a plugin for Thunderbird for syncing with the service, plug Google Calendar.