All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-05-2007, 05:55 PM

elmarko is on a distinguished road
help please, N95 firmware DOWNgrade?

is it possible to resort my nokia n95 firmware to the original version that came with the phone from t-mobile UK? i changed the product code (noted original tho) so i could upgrade to V11.whatever it is... now the damned thing has developed a blown speaker! at least, i think its blown, defo sounds to be a broken speaker type fault!

can anyone offer any advice on this? i have been told that changing the product code invalidates the warrenty? can i just put the old code back in with the new software or will that be hugely obvious?

thanks in advance.

ps - T-Mobile code is 0546659 for anyone interested

Old 25-05-2007, 09:40 PM

Quakester2000 is on a distinguished road
You cant revert back with nokia software updater. You can do it with phoenix tools probably and all that but a its not legal to have these tools and secondily its really risky and you could brick the phone.

Old 25-05-2007, 09:58 PM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer Suggestion

put the code back to original .. and do another firmware 'grade
since http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=60818
reports that T-mobile version is now out ..

IF you still have a hardware fault at that point take it back to T-Mobile for another one.

Good Luck!

Old 25-05-2007, 10:25 PM

n_s_simpson is on a distinguished road
Why not just play stupid? Say there must have been a glitch with Nokia's updater and it's overridden T-mobile or the shop must have given you a 2nd's phone cos you haven't touched it.

Your word against there's. I always play it that way and it's never failed yet

Nick
Ads

Old 26-05-2007, 10:10 AM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmarko View Post
is it possible to resort my nokia n95 firmware to the original version that came with the phone from t-mobile UK? i changed the product code (noted original tho) so i could upgrade to V11.whatever it is... now the damned thing has developed a blown speaker! at least, i think its blown, defo sounds to be a broken speaker type fault!

can anyone offer any advice on this? i have been told that changing the product code invalidates the warrenty? can i just put the old code back in with the new software or will that be hugely obvious?

thanks in advance.

ps - T-Mobile code is 0546659 for anyone interested
You cannot downgrade FW to a lower version on the N-Series/BB5 phones.

If you have restored the original product code, NSU may give you the option to re-install the same version number of the FW, but will actually install the T-Mobile variant for you, including the operator logos, themes etc.

If NSU does not offer the above option, your best bet is to restore the original product code then take the handset to a NCC (Nokia Care Centre) and ask them to repair the fault under warranty. NCC engineers are less likely to notice (or care) that the FW is a generic variant and not the T-Mobile branded FW.

You should probably avoid sending the handset back to T-Mobile or taking it to a T-mobile shop as they are more likely to notice it's been de-branded.

Old 26-05-2007, 12:07 PM

elmarko is on a distinguished road
seki, cheers! put the original code in and its curently doing a reinstall of v11.0.026 or something like that, but t-mobile branded version.

i really hope this t-mobile version is as stable as the unbranded v11. as the original v10 was awfully slow, froze up a lot and in general was pants.

has anyone had any problems with the speaker blowing before? i cant believe after 5 weeks of ownership the thing needs repairing!

Old 30-05-2007, 06:04 PM

bikespod is on a distinguished road
sorry to tell you i had two handsets with faulty speakers, one after 2 weeks and the next after 4 days. I'm just lucky like that. oh and i hadn't done any firmware upgrades.