All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-01-2005, 10:10 AM

nickyoung is on a distinguished road
7610 and picodrive problems

hi,

I couldn't find any relaven thread so i hope you don't mind me starting a new one.
I have a brand new 7610 and i can't get picodrive emulator working properly. I've got the latest version of the software (picodrives60_152) and have installed it on the mmc card and put a few compatable (according to the picodrive website) roms in the root directory of the mmc card (i've also tried putting them in the root directory of the internal memory) . The picodrive software boots ok but it won't let me load any rom into it. I click on load rom, select the correct directory with the the left hand button, click on the rom i want to load with the joystick (i get a little x next to the file when i do this) and then press 'done' which is the left hand button again. when i do this the program goes back to picodrives main menu with load rom, load state etc... but at the bottom of the screen it still says 'No Rom Loaded'.

anyone got any ideas what is going wrong here. is picodrive just incompatable? would i have better luck with an older version? (if so which?)...

cheers

nick

Old 16-02-2006, 08:16 AM

zebmirza is on a distinguished road
Pico Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyoung
hi,

I couldn't find any relaven thread so i hope you don't mind me starting a new one.
I have a brand new 7610 and i can't get picodrive emulator working properly. I've got the latest version of the software (picodrives60_152) and have installed it on the mmc card and put a few compatable (according to the picodrive website) roms in the root directory of the mmc card (i've also tried putting them in the root directory of the internal memory) . The picodrive software boots ok but it won't let me load any rom into it. I click on load rom, select the correct directory with the the left hand button, click on the rom i want to load with the joystick (i get a little x next to the file when i do this) and then press 'done' which is the left hand button again. when i do this the program goes back to picodrives main menu with load rom, load state etc... but at the bottom of the screen it still says 'No Rom Loaded'.

anyone got any ideas what is going wrong here. is picodrive just incompatable? would i have better luck with an older version? (if so which?)...

cheers

nick
you should create a folder with name "PDGames" in phone memory or memory card wherever you have installed the Picodrive.
Enjoy Play Sega Mega Games Man.
Ads