All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wugui
can i have the register code for spy call?
No warez,this is your first and last warning,next time you will be banned.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 06-05-2004, 07:15 PM

mdavidm is on a distinguished road
I did a HARD RESET!

FYI- I was having some problems caused by software incompatibilities with my brand new 6600, so I decided to try the hard reset procedure. It worked well. When the process completed I was forced to remove the SIM chip and MMC due to errors on bootup. I powered up again without them installed. When I received the message to insert a SIM, I powered off, inserted the SIM and MMC, and powered up again. It works perfectly now. All original carrier-specific settings are intact, and the phone is fine. THANKS for the codes!

Old 11-05-2004, 09:02 AM

arcrut is on a distinguished road
D u know the code to restart the phone without pressing the on n off button?

Old 11-05-2004, 09:06 AM

estepona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcrut
D u know the code to restart the phone without pressing the on n off button?
You can use FExplorer to do that

Old 11-05-2004, 09:08 AM

arcrut is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by estepona
You can use FExplorer to do that
whats a fexplorer?

Old 11-05-2004, 12:24 PM

estepona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcrut
whats a fexplorer?
It's an app see: http://users.skynet.be/domi/fexplorer.htm, dowload it & you go to : MENU / PHONE / RESTART

Cheers

Old 11-05-2004, 12:29 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
See http://www.gosymbian.com/ for what FExplorer is.

Old 26-05-2004, 09:04 AM

manishkahuja is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered AL
[thanks mate you are a life saver. i been having lotts of problums with application manager butt when i try some of your codes problum sorted nice one

Dear what problem you had with applications. As i am also facing one. What exactly have you done to restore orignal applications

Old 29-05-2004, 03:52 PM

JasonT is on a distinguished road
Smile More Thanks and Qs

*#0000# SW version (e.g. V3.42.1, 16-10-03, NHL-10)

>NHL-X isn't actually a software revision number is it? It's written on my device a few lines below the IMEI and it's part of the FCC (Find Catch and Control) number. Has anyone seen a 3.42.1 go to 4.09.1 AND change to NHL-10 (unless all 6600's are NHL-10)

>Is it just me or have there been no nokia updates since feb for this device

*#2820# Bluetooth (BT) device address

>Sweet! That should just be an application. Can't plug it into my contacts/address book (it tries to dial) anyone know a way around that?

xx# Directory quick access (xx = storage location and afterwards lozenge e.g. 24 #)

>This says nothing in/for that SIM address and if I enter 1 it autocompletes to 123. I tried some higher ups for my card, but no luck. Anyone get this working on MMC?

No Autostart - When switching the phone on up to the pin inquiry press the whole time the "ABC" key (pen) - this is to ignore the autoinitialization programs (and the MMC programs) - "safeboot".

>Anyone verify this works?

12345 ... is according to be the standard Nokia nokia-securitycode.

0000 ... is according to be standard PIN2 at Vodafone (germany)

----------------------------------------

Caution - starting from here the codes are "dangerous"
*#7370925538#
*#Res0Wallet#
... is to delete the code around the "wallet"
Input like normal telephone number (not in wallet code inquiry windows).
NOTE! Afterwards the "wallet" is empty, can again be put on however with new code.

*#7780# - Reset to original settings
NOTE! Afterwards various "attitudes" are away - among other things these:
Points of entrance (Provider dependent points of entrance and attitudes)
Bluetooth attitudes
Favorite
Allocation of the two keys (beside Navi keys) in the main menue
Profiles are "neglected" (as with distribution) - still there however new bell tones, etc. are...
SMS/MMS/E Mail attitudes
Logos and spielstaende (allegedly) also deleted...
Programs, calendars and contacts, etc. not changed...

>phone name changes (bluetooth attitude)
This is the same as Menu>Tools>Settings>Phone>General>Orig. phone settings (Right ppl?)

*#7370# - Soft format - resets >all the telefone Memory (like Formatting a disk :-)
NOTE! Battery should be full up to at least 75%, do not accomplish during the procedure under any circumstances ! The procedure takes some minutes (approx. 3-4)

>Didn't reset all my phone memory

Green, * 3 - Hard format: If the Mobile (only telephone memory) formats, puts back the attitudes (see * to # 7780 #) and implements a RESET.
NOTE! Battery should be full up to at least 75%, do not accomplish during the procedure under any circumstances ! The procedure takes some minutes (approx. 3-4)

Proceeding: Equipment switch off, keep "green key" (take off) at the same time pressed, "*" and to "3" key and switch the equipment on (the keys thereby keep further pressed)... to "Formatting" on the display appears...

>Did this: Held Green Key and Pushed Power Off. Then (Holding Green key still), pushed and held "*" and "3" and then held power on. Released power and green and got to formatting. You know you did this right when formatting appears and it wipes the screen from left to right in black (slowly).

>Since I had the same firmware after resetting I'm wondering if there's another code that goes to manufacturer default or if a firmware update somehow overwrites the rom instead of strapping in. Anyone?

Thanks for the codes again!

Old 30-05-2004, 12:41 PM

knycknoe is on a distinguished road
fexplorer?

fexplorer is like a windows explorer of our computer, you can see all your files and folders just like in the window explorer ok? and in this fexplorer you can also set your personal operator logo... check it out download one and try...

Old 30-05-2004, 04:11 PM

Puddytat purr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmonger
BECAREFULL!!!! When you use the GREEN * 3 formatting method there's no confirmation AT ALL!!! I tell you 'cos I formated mine yesterday by mistake :(

by mistake?!?!?!?! took me 3 attempts to turn phone on with all those buttons pressed lol

Old 30-05-2004, 06:52 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
[quote=JasonT>NHL-X isn't actually a software revision number is it? It's written on my device a few lines below the IMEI and it's part of the FCC (Find Catch and Control) number. Has anyone seen a 3.42.1 go to 4.09.1 AND change to NHL-10 (unless all 6600's are NHL-10)[/QUOTE]All 6600's are NHL-10's regardless of the firmware revision. NHL-10 is Nokia's product type code for the 6600.
Ads

Old 31-05-2004, 06:45 AM

JasonT is on a distinguished road
[quote=N/A]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonT>NHL-X isn't actually a software revision number is it? It's written on my device a few lines below the IMEI and it's part of the FCC (Find Catch and Control) number. Has anyone seen a 3.42.1 go to 4.09.1 AND change to NHL-10 (unless all 6600's are NHL-10)[/QUOTE
All 6600's are NHL-10's regardless of the firmware revision. NHL-10 is Nokia's product type code for the 6600.
Thanks, I guessed that when I saw the 3650 was NHL-8 hard coded. Anyone got codes for memcard dialing yet?

Old 03-06-2004, 07:42 PM
dudeinneed

how do you enter the wallt reset code ive got the *#73780925538#*# but how do i do res0wallet
thanx
a dude in need

Old 14-06-2004, 03:50 PM

devlish player is on a distinguished road
Unhappy wallet code not working

hello there. Unfortunately i have forgotten my nokia 6600 Wallet code. i tried your mentioned code but it is not working. when i enter *#7370925538# it opens a lock code box. when i enter CODE is says CODE Error!.. plz help me reguarding to this . :?