All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-09-2011, 08:14 AM

trob is on a distinguished road
Question Downgrade C7 to S60 5th

Hi

I have a C7 mobilephone. I hated it from the beginning, because of the missing custom labels from the phonebook, and because GPS unable to speak from the Bluetooth speakerphone. There is some more, but these two are what i need very much.
Then I upgraded with high hopes of the Anna... But no, no, no. What were wrong are still wrong, and some new thing came: after the calls the phone freeze until a restart, the new icons are terrible, and so on...

Previously i had an N95, and i was very pleased with it. (After three years the display's foil cable broke up.)
pernyő szalagkábele.)

Is it possible to downgrade my C7 to S60 5th edition? Or fixing the upper faults on S^3 or Anna?

(If no, i trade my C7 to C6, even if it is uglier.)

Thanks
Ads

Old 07-09-2011, 12:07 PM

buxz777 is on a distinguished road
sorry it wont work unless some very very clever hacker finds a way to do it (drivers etc) i wouldnt think there would be much uptake for them to make s3 phones run s60 5th as well it would be the other way around s60 5th running a trimmed down s3 :-)

sorry mate looks like maybe you bought the wrong phone and should sell it and buy one that fits your needs again like before

sorry about that but hope you find one that does what you need it to again :-)

if you loved the n95 have you looked at the n86 its much better but still a bit sameish as the n95 , its been discontinued by nokia but you can find it online still at very good prices too

Old 08-09-2011, 12:57 PM

Hi

Thank for your answer.

I give my C7 back and instead i buy a C6.

Its navigation works well with my speakerphone. During calls its display does not get dark. (This was not problem, but its sensor often felt if it was at my head, so for example in a dark room the display got dark during ringing too, so i did not know who called me, and so on...)

But still i have a problem with it. The phonebook's custom label function does not exist. Version is 20.0.042, model is RM-612.

How can i got back this function?
I dont know which version was the first without this. Which version should i instal? Can i install older? Ot can i replace only the phonebook part?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:58 PM

Phonebook's custom label in C6

Hi

Thank for your answer.

I give my C7 back and instead i buy a C6.

Its navigation works well with my speakerphone. During calls its display does not get dark. (This was not problem, but its sensor often felt if it was at my head, so for example in a dark room the display got dark during ringing too, so i did not know who called me, and so on...)

But still i have a problem with it. The phonebook's custom label function does not exist. Version is 20.0.042, model is RM-612.

How can i got back this function?
I dont know which version was the first without this. Which version should i instal? Can i install older? Ot can i replace only the phonebook part?