All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-09-2011, 04:25 PM

timple is on a distinguished road
Summer "gift" of games?

Loving the Anna update on my N8- but some of the games I thought Nokia gave away this summer - now do not work..... i.e. Angry Birds - the screen goes blank - then returns to menu.

I go to my Ovi account - and none of the summer gift games appear on my account in "all my stuff". (Though of course I downloaded it all for free on my account).

So did Nokia not "give" away these games. Were some time limited? i.e. fruit ninja still works (but also does not appear in "all my stuff" on my account on Ovi)

Old 08-09-2011, 10:56 AM

Ok guys - perhaps I am the only one with this problem? i.e. The summer "gift" of games has disappeared from your Ovi account. Perhaps it shuld have been called Summer "rental" of games

Anyway I have contacted Nokia care who after sending stock emails finally phoned me back and now they've sent it to their superiors for further advice.

If anyone is interested (at least quite a few have looked at this post) I'll keep you posted!

Old 15-09-2011, 01:35 PM

Come on fellow N8ers - surely someone who downloaded some of the summer "gift" of games and then upgraded to Anna can check if they still have their free games in their mystuff on Ovi?

Old 15-09-2011, 01:54 PM

evilweasel is on a distinguished road
...I downloaded Fruit Ninja for free after updating to Anna, not tried the others though.

Old 15-09-2011, 05:00 PM

xcatch22x is on a distinguished road
This one seems very obvious to me. When they were listed in the OVI store as "gift" they were free and now that they are now free and have been removed from the phone by updating to ANNA they no longer appear in "mystuff", but they are still available to buy. And that presents a problem.

Forgot to say, all of the games from the summer of gifts selection are no longer in mystuff.

Old 15-09-2011, 06:13 PM

xcatch22 - thanks for replying - I am glad to know it's not just me complaining here. I downloaded the whole lot and now post Anna - most don't work - but I can't reinstall because they don't appear in mystuff.

Come on guys at AAS. Can you ask what is going on here? Cos my open issue is still open at Nokia care and they still haven't got back to me.....

Old 22-09-2011, 09:48 AM

Anyone else found that their summer gift of games free downloads are not in their "my stuff" on Ovi store?

Old 23-09-2011, 01:03 PM

dms2011 is on a distinguished road
I lost all my summer gift of games too :( I didn't think to write to Nokia about it though.

Old 26-09-2011, 03:38 AM

jcsites is on a distinguished road
i also own a nokia phone but i never thought of availing those free summer gifts, maybe i should look into that, thanks for the info although i dont usually play games,cool

Old 26-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Ok so asking several times and no one in this forum has come back and said

"I downloaded the "summer gift of games" set and yes - it is still in "mystuff" on the ovi store".

So to conclude it seems that Nokia did not really give those games away - they were on a time limited try before you buy scheme. Which would be fine except it was never explained that that was what it was and I for one bought an N8 partly because this offer was available - thinking there was a stack of free games available. (I was pretty happy with my E71 then saw the offer and thought - why not upgrade now - here's a good reason).

There is about 30 worth of games in the list at least. The list was

Angry Birds Rio
Fruit Ninja
Worms HD
Angry Birds seasons
GT Racing: Motor Academy
James Cameron's Avatar HD
Hero of Sparta HD
Spider-man: Total Mayhem
Monopoly classic HD
Asassin's creed HD
The sims 3 HD
Rally Master pro
The settlers HD+
WSOP 3:Hold em legend
Tetris HD
Tom Clancy's HAWX HD+
Farm Frenzy
Guitar Rock Tour 2 HD+
PAC-MAN Championship
Doodle Jump

Old 27-09-2011, 10:46 AM

dms2011 is on a distinguished road
Well it was the "Summer" gift of games. I always assumed they would be removed from the store once it was Autumn.

Old 27-09-2011, 05:49 PM

Insane Reindeer is on a distinguished road
Cool

OK. Well I don't know how you installed Anna but what I did was just apply the core Anna update via my PC and Ovi Suite and then apply the two extra software packs via the N8's software updater. The list below is not as full as yours as I had brought a few before or plain didn't bother, but from the "Summer Games" give away, or whatever it was called, these are the games I have, and have been fully checked as working:

Fruit Ninja
Worms HD
GT Racing: Motor Academy
James Cameron's Avatar HD
Hero of Sparta HD
Spider-man: Total Mayhem
Monopoly classic HD
Asassin's creed HD
The sims 3 HD
The settlers HD+
WSOP 3:Hold em legend
Tetris HD
Tom Clancy's HAWX HD+
Farm Frenzy
Guitar Rock Tour 2 HD+
PAC-MAN Championship
Doodle Jump

I had noticed that after the promotion had finished these titles had been removed from my "downloaded" titles part of the Ovi Store. Which made perfect sense given that they were a limited time offer and once the offer was over Nokia and the developers would want to ensure that the free games were not downloaded onto other phones by the act of me logging into the store on another phone.

I will say however that this removal has not stopped me receiving updates for several of the games.