All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 31-08-2011, 01:53 PM

wangsuda is on a distinguished road
QuickOffice Pro and Symbian Anna

I have a C7-00 updated to Symbian Anna. recently, I purchased the QuickOffice Pro app. It downloaded but failed to install. repeated e-mails to Nokia brought no satisfaction. I want to install the app. I keep getting download and/or install errors. No codes, just the red rectangle of death. So is there a way to install QuickOffice Pro, or is there another app that will let me edit documents and cut and paste? Or am I out of kuck?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:23 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Have you asked the developer for assistance? http://support.quickoffice.com/

Old 05-09-2011, 07:36 PM

Psioneer is on a distinguished road
Have you tried uninstalling the version of QuickOffice that is installed as part of the Anna update?
Ads

Old 07-09-2011, 09:59 PM

Hello, and sorry for the late response. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling QuickOffice, to no avail. Nokia Care has examined my problem and determined that there is something wrong with my Anna update. they scheduled an appointment for me to get my Anna reinstalled at a Nokia service center, and also have QuickOffice Pro installed as well.

Hope this works. I also hope they flash my phone with pure anna, and not just a reinstalled update.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:16 AM

dongperez is on a distinguished road
I had similar problem. Quickoffice Pro 7 won't install on my phone after Symbian Anna update. But Quickoffice that came with software update 2/2 would install. Quickoffice is still working on the solution I guess coz they have not updated me yet with any new info after the dozen of email exchanges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangsuda View Post
Hello, and sorry for the late response. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling QuickOffice, to no avail. Nokia Care has examined my problem and determined that there is something wrong with my Anna update. they scheduled an appointment for me to get my Anna reinstalled at a Nokia service center, and also have QuickOffice Pro installed as well.

Hope this works. I also hope they flash my phone with pure anna, and not just a reinstalled update.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:18 AM

I'll give an update after my visit to the Nokia service center. See what they do and how it works.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangsuda View Post
I'll give an update after my visit to the Nokia service center. See what they do and how it works.
UPDATE: According to the techs at my local Nokia Care, the problem was with my Anna update. They could not get QuickOffice Pro to install no matter what they tried. So, they flashed my phone with pure Anna and everything now works fine. I must say, though, there is a noticeable difference between the Anna that was flashed on my C7-00, and the updated version of Anna! In a good way!