All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 10-05-2009, 10:56 AM

bobby68 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
Or on we move to WM.
To what...?? Show me a worthy WM communicator...

Old 21-06-2009, 11:51 AM
vbnm

E75-1

what is the difference between E75-1 and the E75?

Old 13-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Question Graham Payne

Unless I missed it, I can find no reference at all as to how this device performs as a 'phone (i.e. what its call quality is like).
I should say that as a relative newcomer to mobile 'phone reviews, I am astonished at how often this feature, of what is after all (and despite all the other technological wizardry) a 'phone - is omitted.
I have come across some user reviews of the E52 and E55 which highlight an issue with poor call quality (see the 'Nokia Support Forum' on the official Nokia website) and I read somewhere else that poor call quality may be an issue for the E75 too.
I recently bought a Nokia 6600i slide and was appalled by the speaker quality when compared with that of my trusty (and crystal clear) 8910i (and 6060 for that matter).
Having graduated through the Psion Series 3, 5, 7 and netBook schools, this 'phone naturally attracted my attention. However, I would be extremely disappointed if I bought an E75 and the call quality turned out to be a closer match to my new Nokia than my old ones.
Anyone care to comment on this issue?
Many thanks in anticipation.
Ads

Old 24-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Dave Appleton

Angry Bad case design at bottom

The casing has one very poor design part.

The chrome surround is metal for roughly all except the bottom three rows of keys.

The bit at the bottom is plastic and seems to clip in. The clip breaks quite easily.

So let the kids near your phone or drop it a couple of times and the bottom bit breaks off.

The first time it broke it was under warranty. This time it isn't so I am holding it there by tape....