All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-07-2009, 11:03 PM

Alexjenko is on a distinguished road
How to remove installed themes on the I8510

Hi

I have installed a couple of themes on my innov8, but i just cant figure out how to remove them

So does anyone know how to remove installed themes on the I8510?

- Alex

Old 05-07-2009, 08:30 AM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Themes Location

I am Nokia user , S60 V 3 . So there might be slight differences , but generally the same . When you install a third party Filemanager you can find the location :
--X-Plore | Y-Browser
http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=xplore
http://www.drjukka.com/YBrowser.html
Using X-Plore you can de/activate system files . Y-Browser always shows system files . I installed themes only on MemoryCard . The files are in : E: > Resource > Skins . However just Codenumbers . On the Device Memory they are probably in : C: > Data > Resource , but I am not 100% sure of this . Could be also : C: > Resource .
When you installed the themes in the Device Memory , the easiest way to get rid of them is a Hard Reset . See this thread :
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=81021
Hard Reset removes all your personal data from the device memory , so be sure to make a Backup !
When you installed the themes on MemoryCard , Hard Reset doesn't remove them . Formatting Card does remove ALL DATA .
So try to delete the themes , while using X-Plore or Y-Browser .

Regards jApi NL

Last edited by jApi NL; 05-07-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Adding info

Old 05-07-2009, 01:49 PM

The files are in the - "E: > Resource > Skins . However just Codenumbers " as you mentioned.

I installed X-Plore it reminds allot of the already included File mgr. It has the same problem and cant find the installed files

I also tried Y-Browser, i can install it but cant find it, did read through the FAQ for the product and it seems it wonīt work on some mobiles.

3d and last try i fine combed through the entire phone, and woila there it was the Tool i missed i had in my phone >.>.

Menu --> Tools --> App. mgr.

There you can remove anything you installed, including some of the shitty themes i installed haha.... O.o

But i really appreciate that you tried to help me jApi NL =) thank you

Regards Alex

EDIT: Appears that it canīt detect all the themes you have installed only a few of them.

Last edited by Alexjenko; 05-07-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Ads

Old 05-07-2009, 03:42 PM

Smile All Themes ?!

So you & me both are right ! I knew about the App Mngr , but also that not all the Theme Files can be found there . That's why I gave this workaround . Anyway , when you did install the themes on Card , they are listed in E: > Resource > Skins !
Using X-Plore : Press Menu > Tools > Settings > Mark System (folders/files) and go back . Now you can find Resource etc.
A nice feature is also Hiding Folders/Files . Also Y-Browser does this .
BTW : themes by default , I don't know where these are listed , except somewhere in Z: (= firmware) .

Regards jApi NL

BTW : X-Plore has also it's own file viewer

Last edited by jApi NL; 05-07-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:13 PM

Good to know, i install all my themes directly in the phone memory as i have a couple of GB in it hehe.

"Using X-Plore : Press Menu > Tools > Settings > Mark System (folders/files) and go back . Now you can find Resource etc"

It appears i donīt get the same menu options as you have maybe because i downloaded the free version from their homepage...

I see this:

Menu --> Tools --> Configuration
Messaging
File associations
Program update
Device Info
Restart Device
About

Old 10-07-2009, 07:17 PM

Smile Configuration = Settings

I missed your answer in the Cyclone of the M97 Forum . Since I don't use the English - but yes! free - version : in this case , press Configuration , then a menu pops up : mark the fourth choice "Show system - Files/Folders . After marking go back to E: Resource etc .
Anyway , when you start to play with X-Plore , you will find many features : including its own mediaplayers , just open a foto file , etc

Regards jApi NL