All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-09-2009, 12:00 PM

jule_ is on a distinguished road
[Nokia E52] syncing google calendar

I am looking for a way to synchronize the calender of my E52 with my google calendar.

I have a data-plan, but it only covers 300MB a month, so i don't want to sync the calendar over the UMTS. I only want it to sync via WLAN (work, home, ...).

I set up Mail for Exchange according to this [1] guide. I also have set up my google mail account which works perfectly.

Now I have 2 mail entries when I open messages (Gmail & Mail for Exchange).

When I want to open Mail for Exchange I get a blank screen for about half a second and then I am back at the messages menu. I can not open the Mail for Exchange entry. I guess this is not the expected regular behavior, is it?

When I go to messages -> options -> settings -> E-Mail -> Mail for Exchange I can change all the settings, but I can't find any settings regarding calendar sync.

Frankly, I have no idea how to even search for a solution of my problem. Also, this is my first Symbian phone, so please reply in a noob friendly (read: idiot-proof ) way.

PS: I have a german symbian os, I hope all the translations are right or at least understandable.

[1] http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=147951

tia,

jule_

Old 20-09-2009, 08:39 AM

Steve_R is on a distinguished road
You sure you are not just opening the Mail for Exchange folder? That is usually just blank.

You need to go into your 'Applications' menu, and open Mail for Exchange from in there.

Frustrated Nokia fan, running an old skool E71

Follow Me on Twitter

Old 21-09-2009, 04:22 PM

jule_ is on a distinguished road
@Steve_R: I don't know. I don't have a Mail for Exchange application in my Applications menu. Also, I was not able to install the Mail for Exchange sisx because it comes preinstalled on the Nokia E52. So I am guessing that - since it is preinstalled - Nokia moved it to the messages folder.

I think I'll try to wipe the phone completly and start over again - maybe there is a missconfiguration somewhere deep in the system.

At least the Nokia Content Copier of the PC Suite works and I can easily save and restore my contacts.

I'll keep you updated.
Ads

Old 19-04-2010, 09:26 AM

Froil is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I would try syncme.se

Syncme.se is probably what you are looking for. They provide a great free service with very few limitations compared to e.g. GooSync.