All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Amiet01 is on a distinguished road
N73 ME low volume fix?

Hello all. I now have the N73 Music Edition for about a week and it's a very beautiful phone with all kinds of functions. Now the only problem the phone has is the low volume through the headset. It's really annoying me, because Nokia calls it a Music Edition but the volume is really low. Comparing to my Sony Ericsson W800i it's too low.
Now I've tried something I read on some forum and that person said the following: Call a free number with headset connected. After the call gets connected go to you music player and play a song. Now listen to the real power of your phone and don't set it to loud. When you exit the call the sound get's low just as it was before.
It worked for me and I was wondering; can't there be an app made by someone to just boost the volume in background (unlock the volumelock Nokia has put in their software)? Does it exist already? I've read about Oggplayer but I like the Music Edition Media Player so I wanna stick with that.

Can someone help me?

Old 24-06-2007, 02:16 AM

karthikeyan10 is on a distinguished road
i had already cited that example.. unfortunately...there is no software as of now to tweak a call.... and cheat the phone.... awaiting one....

Old 24-06-2007, 11:44 AM

BliTZeR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiet01 View Post
Hello all. I now have the N73 Music Edition for about a week and it's a very beautiful phone with all kinds of functions. Now the only problem the phone has is the low volume through the headset. It's really annoying me, because Nokia calls it a Music Edition but the volume is really low. Comparing to my Sony Ericsson W800i it's too low.
Now I've tried something I read on some forum and that person said the following: Call a free number with headset connected. After the call gets connected go to you music player and play a song. Now listen to the real power of your phone and don't set it to loud. When you exit the call the sound get's low just as it was before.
It worked for me and I was wondering; can't there be an app made by someone to just boost the volume in background (unlock the volumelock Nokia has put in their software)? Does it exist already? I've read about Oggplayer but I like the Music Edition Media Player so I wanna stick with that.

Can someone help me?

Well there is someting. Its not a trick or anything. I also have a n73ME Latest firmware. The sound is indeed very low. THe thing i do is i use the equalizer to boost the volume. its giving me i think 30% more volume when i put al the bars to the max. Hope it works for u 2

Old 24-06-2007, 06:16 PM

Amiet01 is on a distinguished road
I did try that and it's indeed a bit louder, but if I tune the last bar too much (like half of the bar) the high sound is a bit "cranked". It's with some songs that the letter "s" doesn't sound that good. Well it's a temporarily solution and I hope Nokia will pump up the volume like with Sony Ericsson's models. It's the European guidelines that screws the sound volume on all the mp3-players, but Nokia took that guideline a bit too seriously by lowering the volume too much. I mean Sony Ericsson also uses the European standards but their volume is acceptable; not too loud and not too low.
I also know that with the iPod there is some kind of hack and if someone could hack the Symbian/Nokia volume lock it would be great.

Old 17-10-2008, 09:45 PM

forsakenone is on a distinguished road
Smile

hey allz,i just got a n73ME few days ago and have the same problem le call sound is like lowwwwww , 10 times lower than on my other nokia phone ( n-gage )
but i found a work arround
yay..dont know if anyone has found it yet but ill share it anywy...
so,when u make or receive a call after u answer it or the other person answers ur call u have a menu and loudspeaker options on the softkeys,press the loudspeaker softkey and reduce the volume to the minimum,,this is like 3 times louder than max on the headset,u have to do this only the first time cuz the loudspeaker settings remain unchanges,so after u do this the first time u only have to answer ur call and press loudspeker..
works for me

Old 25-04-2009, 06:46 PM

ashfaqpulsar is on a distinguished road
Hey man its amazing i didnt knew it earlier thank you