All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Administrator

langdona is on a distinguished road
Nokia to buy Palm???

I keep reading more and more rumours that Nokia is thinking about buying out Palm e.g. this PC Advisor article. Even this article says it baffles experts. Of course being a PC focused website they assume that if Nokia brought Palm it would be a U-turn in their OS strategy and signal them moving to windows mobile or the Palm OS. Quite frankly I doubt if they would but Palm for that reason. I can't see them wanting to ever use the Palm OS as its effectively dead and miles behind Symbian. I also cant see Nokia actively using windows mobile but if they did I do not think they would need to buy Palm to do it. They would just develop their own devices from scratch. The only reason I can see for Nokia buying Palm is that Palm is still quite a big name in the US and using the Palm brand could give them the boost they need to get sales in the states e.g. the E-series over here could become Palm over there. But this is all idle Friday afternoon speculation I doubt that in reality Nokia will buy out Palm but you never know.
Ads