All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-06-2007, 11:03 PM

dchky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pczaomolina View Post
Only you didn't realized that I used N73 as an example...and I'm the idiot after that?
And N73 was Bluetooth 1.2 too. I see that in many sites out there.
From your original message that I was always responding to, you ask: Please, can anybody check if this new firmware enables N80 A2DP support?

I did realise in later messages you were talking about another phone, and yes, you are. You are in a thread discussing N80 Firmware, not the N73, I posted to you originally saying the N80 does not support A2DP, then you spin it by saying it might happen because some other phone (which has bluetooth V2 hardware) managed it after a firmware update.

Cheers. Enough from me, this has gone way off topic and degenerated in to a flame fest.

Last edited by dchky; 30-06-2007 at 11:09 PM.

Old 30-06-2007, 11:41 PM

Thaijames is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchky View Post
Yes, but what you conveniently fail to mention is that that the MSI Blueplayer works because the range of supported headsets are dependent upon an included 3rd party bluetooth dongle which plugs in to the pop-port.

Hardly a convincing argument now is it?

The dongle you are writting about is an adapter that converts the audio from the pop-port to A2DP, you don't need software if you are using it.

However that is not what I was refering to.

MSI has a Sis program that you install that let's you use your MSI A2DP headphones without the dongle adapter. Through Bluetooth

If you don't have an MSI headset it will still work but for only 30 seconds.
Search Google for MSI blueplayer download the version for S60 V3 and try it!
You will see that the N80 can indeed play A2DP with a simple software update.
Ads

Old 30-06-2007, 11:43 PM

Thaijames is on a distinguished road
By the way my bluetooth stereo headphones no longer work with this latest version. They used to work in mono mode before. Does anyone have the same problem?

Old 01-07-2007, 01:03 AM

Moby58 is on a distinguished road
Hi Guys,

Unbranded my N80 a while ago, and flashed to N80IE. Have done one or 2 updates using NSU since.

Decided to check for new firmware today. NSU downloaded and installed a newer version of itself (v1.3.84en), found phone, went off and checked, then stopped with INTERNAL MODULE ERROR.

Showed phone detected as Nokia N80 (RM-92) and firmware version v4.0707.0.7

Any ideas on what the Internal Module Error is? If in NSU, where can I get an earlier version??

Old 01-07-2007, 11:14 AM

tysons_2001 is on a distinguished road
just noticed a nice new feature in the new firmware, when charging the phone it automatically connects to my wlan access point, when i disconnect the charger it disconnects from the access point automatically.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:46 PM

Smith23481 is on a distinguished road
I did the update but now my vibration dos not work when the phone rings. any ideas on how to fix this?

Old 01-07-2007, 09:33 PM

jedi134 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith23481 View Post
I did the update but now my vibration dos not work when the phone rings. any ideas on how to fix this?
enable vibrate in profiles maybe?
Nokia N80 (01)

Old 02-07-2007, 05:26 PM

Smith23481 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi134 View Post
enable vibrate in profiles maybe?
Tried that in all profiles still no luck

Old 02-07-2007, 06:56 PM

jedi134 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith23481 View Post
Tried that in all profiles still no luck
O dear!
Nokia N80 (01)

Old 02-07-2007, 08:37 PM

Danct is on a distinguished road
Update went smoothly. Battery life does seem to be better and the interface and web browser both seem a bit snappier.

Now one issue that is really bothering me is that whenever I try to connect to the internet from any program not native to the phone (like Gmail and Google Maps applications), it simply says 'Networking Unavailable', that screen to select which Packet data / Wifi connection is simply gone. It wont work even when I connectefd via the web browser and multi-task to a different application. Anyone got an idea what's wrong?
Also, whenever I try to connect via web browser, I also dont get the screen to select which connection to use. I checked settings, even if I use the 'Always ask' option, I still get a 'Connection Unavailable' error. It sometimes works when I choose a specific connection to use, but it is still kinda bizarre since it seems to use a different connection for each different bookmarked site I have. It is really freaky.
Is there a way to reset the networking options or anything like that?
What is also curious is that my SIM Card seems to have three different Packet Data configurations built-in. They are pretty much all the same, but with a different default webpage. Now I tried to erase 2 of them and only keep the main one. Guess what? All of them are 'gone'. Weird thing is that whenever I tr y to manually add the same Packet Data connection, it says I can't as there is already one with that name. If I use a different name, those configurations saved in the SIM card just pop back and I get duplicates. If I erase that one connection I created manually, all of them disappear. Again, freaky stuff.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:56 AM

ikdo is on a distinguished road
You need to reset all the parameters in PhoneMenu;Tools;Setting;Connection;AccessPoint

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danct View Post
Update went smoothly. Battery life does seem to be better and the interface and web browser both seem a bit snappier.

Now one issue that is really bothering me is that whenever I try to connect to the internet from any program not native to the phone (like Gmail and Google Maps applications), it simply says 'Networking Unavailable', that screen to select which Packet data / Wifi connection is simply gone. It wont work even when I connectefd via the web browser and multi-task to a different application. Anyone got an idea what's wrong?
Also, whenever I try to connect via web browser, I also dont get the screen to select which connection to use. I checked settings, even if I use the 'Always ask' option, I still get a 'Connection Unavailable' error. It sometimes works when I choose a specific connection to use, but it is still kinda bizarre since it seems to use a different connection for each different bookmarked site I have. It is really freaky.
Is there a way to reset the networking options or anything like that?
What is also curious is that my SIM Card seems to have three different Packet Data configurations built-in. They are pretty much all the same, but with a different default webpage. Now I tried to erase 2 of them and only keep the main one. Guess what? All of them are 'gone'. Weird thing is that whenever I tr y to manually add the same Packet Data connection, it says I can't as there is already one with that name. If I use a different name, those configurations saved in the SIM card just pop back and I get duplicates. If I erase that one connection I created manually, all of them disappear. Again, freaky stuff.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:08 PM

Danct is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikdo View Post
You need to reset all the parameters in PhoneMenu;Tools;Setting;Connection;AccessPoint

Cheers
Yeah, it didnt work, had to actually reset my phone and reinstall everything... :-(

Old 03-07-2007, 04:53 PM

Cash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danct View Post

My battery life is now crap after upgrade ..I got 12 hours today after a full charge, with no other apps running and only sending 3 text messages

Old 04-07-2007, 08:56 AM

saichow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash View Post
My battery life is now crap after upgrade ..I got 12 hours today after a full charge, with no other apps running and only sending 3 text messages
After upgrade, mine last less than 48 hours standby. Used to be able to standby for 2.5 to 3 days. Wonder what happened.

I do notice some differences after the upgrade though, the speaker sounds louder and crappier !! Does it happens to anyone of you?

Everytime after firmware upgrade, my phone vibration will stop working for a day or two, after that it will back to normal.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:00 AM

saichow is on a distinguished road
To you kidz,

Please stop argueing here and stop calling each other idiot!! Grow up please!! If there is an update that makes A2DP possible, then consider we are lucky, else its OK.. no need to argue bout it. Lets spend the effort to find out what does the update do.

Thanks