All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-10-2005, 05:50 PM
slurp

How to make .mp3 to become ringtones and message tones?

As of above, how do i do it? I can only set one ringtone per profile and couldnt change the message tone. How can i enable more variety of ringtones that i can set to each profile and change the message tone to a .mp3 ringtone? Help please.
Ads

Old 06-10-2005, 08:38 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Some operators, like Vodafone, have disabled the ability to set mp3 files as ringtones.

In any case, if you want to do so and your phone allows for it, put such mp3's (or other audio files such as MIDI or WAV files) in C:\Nokia\Sounds\Digital in phone memory, or E:\Sounds\Digital on a memory card. After that you can use them in the Profiles app.

You can move around files with the built-in File Manager, or with greater control using apps such as FExplorer (http://www.gosymbian.com/).

Old 06-10-2005, 09:17 PM

drchris is on a distinguished road
i just convert mp3 to aac using itunes. then just upload them onto the phone and select them as ringtones. quality is the same

Old 07-10-2005, 03:56 PM

phatsharpie is on a distinguished road
I have a 6681 and I had to move my MP3's and AAC's to the phone (or memory card's) /Sound clips/Digital sounds directory before I can make them ringtones. Before I just created a new directory on the memory card and stored my MP3's and AAC's there and it didn't work.

-B