All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-02-2008, 06:20 PM

pgamble is on a distinguished road
Search for an N95 8GB case

Hi guys

just thought I'd let you know I was close to giving up on getting a workable case for the 8GB N95.

I ended up getting the Noreve (I'd previously got one for an Archos AV5100 and loved it).

You tend to find that the same manufacturer never always gets it right - Proporta did a great E90 case (still have one if anyone needs it) in the leather slip case with belt clip - incidentally their book case didn't work at all because of the hard tab that had to go between the two parts of the case. The TyTN and TyTNII is best served with a horizontal belt case as the clear plastic over the kb never works reliably (I'd tried Piel Frama ... absolutely the best workmanship but cased mech issues.

They have done a great job ....

It's similar to the one they did for the N95 (a phone I never had) and the whole phone is held in by the long side arms - with the slider opening both ways inside the turned over top edges. Amazingly it has made what is frankly a very delicate device (in comparison to the E90 or TyTNs) feel very solid by containing the give in the slide mech ... It completely covers the camera unless you want to use it and when you do the flap naturally folds out of the way.

The only possible complaint as mentioned on this forum with the N95 one is that belt clip ... You get a beautifully solid metal screw on wheel for the case with drilled holes so the case can click to any orientation on your belt and stay there ... the issue is the shape of the plastic belt clip itself.

The solution is simply to use any other belt clip by Piel Frama, Krussel, Proporta and probably many others that connects to the same size wheel (albeit a plastic wheel with the other devices). It won't lock to a given orientation with those belt clips ... but it will lock to the belt clip in the normal free motion fashion.

This is then the perfect combination..

I actually now feel I can take phone outside without the worry that someone sneezing on it will smash it to pieces ....

You can get the from E-Outlet for a good price - and from my initial experience ... they are very very reliable.

Cheers

Paul.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:18 PM

Liam548 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Ive got the best protection in my opinion.. take a look

I use this
http://www.supergets.co.uk/product/2...a-N95-8GB.html

then the whole thing goes in this..

http://www.supergets.co.uk/product/2...a-N95-8GB.html

Liam

Old 07-02-2008, 12:40 AM

spice3d is on a distinguished road
I found a nice horizontal belt clip case on eBay (sold by hans-usa). Stay away from magnetic clasp ones though, since the magnet will make your display randomly change orientation. Guess the RotateMe app might make this less of an issue though.
Ads