All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-03-2008, 03:26 AM

ccraig is on a distinguished road
Help Installing Python

Hi every one i need help installing python as i can't get python apps running
So the 1st thing i need to know to be sure i'm installing correct files is
What files inc module packs do i need in order to run apps? and order i need to install them?
This should be it for now i'll add more questions if i get problems after re-installing once i re- get the files and try a Application

TY for any Help or Advicce any1 offers

Old 25-03-2008, 01:02 PM

chrsfrwll is on a distinguished road
I just ran the one sis file I got in the zip and that installed python without any problems.

Old 25-03-2008, 03:27 PM

Installing python is not the problem i can do that fine, its when i install apps it says i need module ect ,so i installed the mega mod pack and it says update error even though i have no other mod packs installed
so i guess what i really need is a mod pack thats working in order to run certain apps

Old 25-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccraig View Post
Installing python is not the problem i can do that fine, its when i install apps it says i need module ect ,so i installed the mega mod pack and it says update error even though i have no other mod packs installed
so i guess what i really need is a mod pack thats working in order to run certain apps
I guess it was read that you asked in the first place for 'help installing python'

Is it ALL apps that require python?? Or just a specific 1?

Old 25-03-2008, 04:19 PM

any app thats written in python requires pythons60 &pythons60 script shell plus the required module needs to be installed to run certain apps.
I'm having trouble installing the module pack what the apps need to beable to run
i keep getting update error even though I'm not updating module as i have no modules installed.
I'm a novice when it comes to python perhaps some1 can point me to a better working download as i'm dowloading module pack of a blog

EDIT: i askied for help installing b/c i thought maybe i have installed wrong or somthing and thats why module pack wont install

Last edited by ccraig; 25-03-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Old 24-06-2008, 08:32 AM

adrian87camaro is on a distinguished road
Forgive me for this but I must be beating a dead horse here. I am not too tech savvy, but I can follow directions. Now I was symbian-freak on my phone's browser and clicked the link to download Python 1.4.1 and went on to install it on the phone. Now it does not appear in the apps. I have NAM N95 8GB with newest firmware. Now I guess I need to install the python script shell to finish the installation and I was wondering if anyone could give me specific instructions on how to do just that.THANK YOU, in advanced!
Ads