All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-03-2003, 12:20 AM

error 633 trying to use modem.

Hi All,
Thanks for all your suggestions but i have a problem trying to use my phone as a modem for a laptop.

I have an msi transciever key and have solved the prob of sending files from phone to pc( thanks mazavedo!!!!!!!) but cannot get the laptop to use the modem over bluetooth.

I don't have irda only bluetooth. i set up all DUN settings via bluetooth but get the message:

error 633 The modem or other connecting device may be in use or not setup properly.

When i query modem (windows xp home sp1) i get message: port already open or is in use by other hardware. modem is on port 7 according to mRouter.

i tried to set up the modem using the modem setup from the cd and from the latest download i could find but when i run it, it doesn't give me the option to setup modem via bluetooth just ir.

any ideas???

sorry if i missed a thread bout this but i have been searching for ages and can't find anything relevant to this problem

rich

Old 20-03-2003, 12:57 AM

willbrady is on a distinguished road
Silly question but is mRouter connected at the same time as you are trying to use the modem?
It is my understanding that you can one have one bluetooth device connected to the phone at any one time so if you are connected on mRouter you will not be able o connect the modem.

Just a guess

Will

Old 20-03-2003, 01:19 AM

no, i check mrouter whilst trying to config the modem, nothing connected till i open up DUN then i get port 7 saying connecting, stays like that till i shut DUN window down, no mattre how many times i try to connect is still same message.

rich
Ads

Old 20-03-2003, 01:25 AM

So are you saying that com port 7 is ticked in mRouter?

Untick it - the only tick box selected in mRouter should be the com port for your serial connection when using PcSuite.
That is the only time mRouter needs to connect.

I assume you have a DUN setup using the fake phone number for GPRS activation or the phone number if you are using dialup and in devices you have selected 'bluetooth modem - com7'

Try again now with the mRouter tick box unchecked and see if that helps - sounds like DUN and mRouter are both fighting for the connection...

Best

Will

Old 20-03-2003, 05:08 PM

Thanks for that mate, It worked!!!!!

been trying to sort it out for a week can't believe i missed something like that !!!!!!!!! ops:

thanks again mate!!

Rich

Old 20-03-2003, 05:11 PM

No Probs..
Have fun

Best

Will