All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-08-2009, 10:39 PM

AlienMatej is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Every 5 minutes lags for 200ms

Hi,

Iīm using this phone for 3 weeks and I have found a very horrible bug on that. Please tell me if you have too this thing. It lags in the MusicPlayer, in the VideoPlayer and in the RealPlayer too. And when I have waited for that and have moved with something it has lagged too also it lags in every program. I think thatīs a firmware not a hardware.

(sorry for my English)

I have the Italian firmware I8910XXIG2

Last edited by AlienMatej; 02-08-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 PM

Please !
Ads

Old 06-08-2009, 01:16 AM

My problem is resolved with the HARD reset of the phone and restored all but settings not (something was wrong in the settings). Now I have problem with the phone lock - I canīt disable the phone lock and after start to the homescreen shows the screen with phone lock but I can cancel it and use the phone along also the phone lock is not very nice as a security - before was but after hard reset isnīt.

EDIT: Ok resolved :-) just hold the power button go to "lock phone" and the phone is locked - after I have touched to the cancel it doesnīt let me.
Than I have entered the key lock and restarted. After restarting it promised me to enter the PIN and than the phone key lock - no cancel has showed here and was directly after the SIM lock !!! not in the homescreen BEST PHONE yeeeaaah

Last edited by AlienMatej; 06-08-2009 at 02:16 AM.

Old 13-08-2009, 02:12 PM

rleader is on a distinguished road
I understand such frustrations

Hi - I'm just posting a reply to say I really understand such a situation. Over the past 2 months+ I have found many many times a piece of functionality that just drives my nuts trying to implement. Sometimes I solve it in 2 mins, sometimes 10 mins, sometimes 1h, sometimes never!
but... my question for you:
In the Music Player, I think this lag is what I would describe as a 'glitch' or small skip in the music - I'm not sure how regular it is for me - I don't think it is 20ms per 5 mins, often it is much more frequent than that (when it is happening to me e.g. listening to classical music, or jazz, or rock, it bugs the life out of me & I end up waiting to hear when it will next occur, rather than the music itself! & sometimes it doesn't happen at all (hard reset or no hard rest, it just goes away over a few days i.e. when I can't bear to listen to music on my i8910 because of it). I think someone elsewhere has said this is a known bug - I hope not, but do say if it comes up again - perhaps we at AAS can figure out the set of circumstances which cause the Music Player to enter into this mode with 'lag'!
Happy i8910'ing...

Old 13-08-2009, 02:16 PM

rleader is on a distinguished road
more...

I just wanted to add that the number of times I hard reset the i8910 is RIDICULOUS, just trying to get basic functions to work right. This afternoon I am going to reflash for about the 10th time (I don;t have the expertise or time to research how to fix my c: low memory errors that happened after my QuickOffice update failed 2 weeks ago). Before the i8910 I would not say I am used to doing anything with firmware. In fact, I never (!) upgraded my firmware from my previous 3 WinMo phones. They all worked out of the box. Still, life is for learning... and wasting time and money (yeh!).