All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-07-2009, 03:26 PM

txenakis is on a distinguished road
ATT & Google sync settings?

Hi everyone, I just got the phone yesterday and I'm having some trouble setting it up.

Namely, I need the correct ATT settings for internet access (if possible 3g, since the little 3G icon appears on the phone).

Also, is there anyway to setup the phone to sync with my google calendar and contacts using google sync? It was incredibly useful on my previous phone and I would hate to lost that.

Thanks in advance.
Ads

Old 11-07-2009, 04:40 PM

e-rik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by txenakis View Post
Also, is there anyway to setup the phone to sync with my google calendar and contacts using google sync? It was incredibly useful on my previous phone and I would hate to lost that.

Thanks in advance.
Hi txenakis,

I use Google Calendar Sync to sync Google Calendar with Outlook. I use Samsung PC Studio 7 to sync the Omnia HD to Outlook. Works perfectly. You can setup Google Calendar Sync to automatically sync at a chosen interval. I have put it in my startup folder (WinXP). Outlook doesn't have to be running, as GCS syncs directly with the Outlook database.

e-

Old 11-07-2009, 06:18 PM

txenakis is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the tip. But it looks like it only syncs calendars and not contacts, plus I have to use Samsung's PC Studio. On my previous phone (Windows mobile), it was so easy, I just set up an activesync partnership with google sync and all my contacts and calendar entries were synced OTA. Didnt even need a PC. Isnt there something similar for this phone?