All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-09-2004, 01:58 PM

shiv_ahuja is on a distinguished road
Help!

hey i have an n-gage qd and i just borrowed a blue tooth dongle from my friend and tried to transer via pc suite but pc suite dint find the phone..
the software from the dongle read the phone and i transfered some mp3 to my phone os it cane via the inbox...
as u kno qd hangs(White Screen Of Death) when mem is less.. so my phone hung... it takes atleast 5 days to get ur phone repaired by the nokia care center here in india...
i am plannin to buy a dongle or a mem card reader..which is better and why...
and why wont pc suite find my device when the dongle software duz..
this is important to me please e mail me at shiv_ahuja@hotmail.com...
or post here..

Old 28-09-2004, 04:14 PM

luisito is on a distinguished road
@SAbz911

Is there any known virus that can infect cellphones? How would you know if your cellphone (N-Gage) is infected with virus? and how can we remove the virus? Thanks

Old 28-09-2004, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
There is Cabir - the proof of concept trojan but its not a virus.Its a malicious application that that sends it self via Bluetooth.BTW:It still needs to be installed like a normal application so you'd have to be mentally challenged to get effected by it

My point is,there are no known viruses for Symbian OS.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 19-10-2004, 04:22 AM
ANTHRAX

Thumbs up

Hey Buddy..u May Need Help Of A Software Called Seleq.this Is Like Windows Explorer In Your Cell Phone.you Can Copy The "sis" File And Paste It On The Root Directory When Connecting Via Data Cable.access The Seleq App Installed..goto E:/ And Wou Will See The File That You Pasted Earlier...install It...simple Lol :-)

Old 30-10-2004, 07:58 AM
R2-D2

Cool Sis. files for Nokia N-Gage

First of all you need to install nokia PC Suite and then transfer the files.

Old 07-11-2004, 01:34 PM
bergo1

Old 16-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Some1

Question

I'm thinking about Giving N-Gage as a present to my son for christmas, but there's still some questions I want to ask before I purchase N-Gage:

1. Do you NEED to use your N-Gage as a phone, or is it only optional, and doesn't really require for you to use it as a phone. I'm only planning to let my son play it as a normal Game console (same as a Gameboy Advance), I'm not sure if I'm letting him use it as a phone as well.
2. Can you go on the internet? If so, Is it free?
3. Can you download MP3 music using your N-Gage, or does it require for you to use a PC/Notebook, if so, is it free?

Please Answer all of this questions, Thank You.
Ads

Old 16-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Some1,you should've searched the forums.Everything has been answered already but anyway.

1:You can use a dymmy SIM card so the phone functions won't work,so i guess its optional.

2:Yes,you can go on the internet but in order to do that you need a web browser installed(One of the most popular is Opera) and the phone service(GPRS)so no,its not free.

3:In theory you can download MP3 music from the internet using a web browser but it would be very expensive.The easiest way would be to use the USB cable provided with the N-Gage and download the from a PC or a Notebook.I guess its free if you already own the music.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 16-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Some1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog
Some1,you should've searched the forums.Everything has been answered already but anyway.

1:You can use a dymmy SIM card so the phone functions won't work,so i guess its optional.

2:Yes,you can go on the internet but in order to do that you need a web browser installed(One of the most popular is Opera) and the phone service(GPRS)so no,its not free.

3:In theory you can download MP3 music from the internet using a web browser but it would be very expensive.The easiest way would be to use the USB cable provided with the N-Gage and download the from a PC or a Notebook.I guess its free if you already own the music.

Does the dummy Sim Card go with the N-Gage when you buy it?and Thanks for answering my questions.

Old 16-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

In some stores it does,and in some it doesn't.You can use any kind of unusable/old/non-working SIM card instead.

Old 16-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Some1

One more thing I forgot to ask, when my son plays an online game with others, is it free?

Old 16-11-2004, 05:52 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
No fee for the games, but you pay for the data transfer [amount] based on your operator's/carrier's tariffs.

Old 09-12-2004, 01:06 AM
Unregistere1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midway
Does PC Suite even work with USB? I'm under impression that for PC synching with Suite you need a bluetooth adapter. If you need to transfer files into your MMC in your N-Gage...just use USB and windows file explorer.

Old 09-03-2005, 03:29 PM

killingb is on a distinguished road
installing *.sis and memory required

hi there, i was wondering if i am gg to install a 1.3mb *.sis file, how much memory would i need on my hp?

Old 27-06-2005, 06:18 PM

mark1983 is on a distinguished road
mp3 ringtones on qd

hey guys i just have a question..

i'm planning to buy a qd.. actually im torn bet the qd and the sony ericsson k500i.. im not sure if i prefer to have a gaming device over a phone with a camera.. given my finacial constraints my choices are down to these two..

anyways my question is.. i know the qd doesnt have an mp3 player but we can download or install one.. in that case can u then use mp3 ringtones as well?

thanks!