All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Lovely_girl,please don't post,request info/links about .blz files or any sort of warez,if you continue to do so you will probably get banned.

.sis file is a installation for a native Symbian C++ application.

You can use .jar and .jad files.

And please Search the forums,most of your questons have already been answered.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.
Ads

Old 15-01-2004, 02:19 PM
p3malice

Talking

sabz u r my hero man u jus saved me a crap load of money

Old 18-01-2004, 08:11 AM

blindpilot is on a distinguished road
F the system

i just came back from best buy after expending extra 100 bucks on the bluetooth and memory card and i just find this site :S well guess they will se me tomorrow returning stuff

quick cuestion thouhg i was trying 64 mmc and i could only load one song :S something wrong there.... well is late and im tired

ill read you tomorow ppl

sabz your the man
the guy whit the skull avatar helpfull to and the one who put the info about the movies :P

Old 18-01-2004, 12:14 PM

pasa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
3. If you brought your N-Gage in the UK there is no need to purchase a MMC, as one is provided with the phone (Nokia Game Card is also a MMC).
This is incorrect - with the ORange pay as you go version you do not get an MMC card although you may find it on offer in some places with a game.

VIDEO TO YOUR MOBILE!
You can now view video clips direct from the Celebrity Big Brother House through Orange World Portal and Three Mobile Portal....

Old 05-04-2004, 02:45 PM
-3- JAME$ON -3-

Angry ?need Help?

IM NEW TO ALL OF THIS AND I NEED HELP! HOW DO I INSTALL .SIS FILES ONTO MY N-GAGE? I HAVE THE DATA CABLE AND READ THROUGHT THE FORUM AND CANT FIND OUT EXACTLY HOW TO DO THIS! DO I PUT IT IN /SYSTEM/APPS? BECAUSE I TRIED THAT AND NOTHINGS WORKING! :( WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME?
THANX, JAMESTHOWARD@HOTMAIL.COM

Old 05-04-2004, 08:40 PM

SAbz911 is on a distinguished road
Just place the .sis file in the root directory of your memory card. Then go to the manager application in tools. The .sis file your ttrying to install should appear at the bottom of the list. Click on it and press install, and the rest should be obvious

SAbz

Old 24-04-2004, 08:39 PM

Updates have been added to this thread. If anyone can think of any more useful links to add, please PM me with them so i can add them to the rest.

SAbz

Old 25-04-2004, 12:34 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAbz911
8. The N-Gage doesnt have a built in nor add on camera, but there are bluetooth cameras available on the market which will allow transfering pictures from the camera to your N-Gage wirelessly.
Not correct.

There's no infrared in the N-Gage, so no cameras with infrared will work.

There's Bluetooth, but those digital cameras with Bluetooth depend on the Bluetooth Basic Imaging profile (BIP) to transfer files, but since the N-Gage doesn't have BIP, those won't work either.

You can't do it directly with wires either; the N-Gage has an USB port, but is a "slave" only and digital cameras with USB are also slaves and both need a master device (like PC) to actuall work and power the USB connection. In other words, you can't connect an N-Gage to a digital camera directly with USB either.

If the camera supports SD and/or MMC cards, you can insert an MMC in the camera, take pictures and move the MMC to the N-Gage.

Last edited by N/A; 26-04-2004 at 05:41 AM.

Old 25-04-2004, 06:40 PM

Cheers n/a. ill change it straight away. Shame it dont work thru bluetooth i was thinking of getting one meself.

SAbz

Old 28-04-2004, 03:49 PM
martinezy

u need bluetooth on ur computer

Old 07-05-2004, 09:52 AM
Blodpudding

Concorde bluetooth camera

Concorde makes a camera that supports OBEX. That will probably work with N-Gage? Otherwise I've only seen one other camera on the market with bluetooth, Sony DSC FX77. That one uses BIP. Sony also has camcorders with BIP.

E

>There's Bluetooth, but those digital cameras with Bluetooth depend on the >Bluetooth Basic Imaging profile (BIP) to transfer files, but since the N-Gage >doesn't have BIP, those won't work either.

Old 21-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Dr.Amob

Secretery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAbz911
LINKS

Tested MMC reviews

Mobiclip Tutorial

Online Picture Resizer

E-Buyer; Cheap mmc's and electonic equipment etc.

Allack; N-Gage games and accessories.

My-Symbian; free games and applications for symbian handsets.

Full N-Gage Specifications

Mobile Fun; mobile phones and accessories

FExplorer; browser program for series 60 handsets (Similar to my computer for ya pc)

N-gage Forum

Films on the N-Gage; Helix Conversion Guide (.rm)

Films on the N-Gage; Nokia Multimedia Conversion Guide (.3gp)

Official N-Gage and N-Gage QD Website

The Future Look; Upcoming and Newly Released phone reviews

Q&A Regarding N-Gage Bugs

Symbian.com

TEC; 512 and 1GIG MMC

Conversion Guide for .mp4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answers to some simple questions that people always ask

1. You cant use the USB cable unless a MMC is inserted into the N-Gage.

2. You can only use Multimedia Cards (mmc) in the N-Gage. SD cards DO NOT work.

3. Not all N-Gages are provided with Memory Cards, so you may need to purchase one before you can take full advantage of its functions. You can purchase MMC from www.ebuyer.co.uk and www.allack.co.uk. Some come with a Nokia Game Card, which is a 32mb MMC.

4. You can find free series 60 games and applications at www.my-symbian.com

5. All the apps and games available for the 3650/7650 will work on your N-Gage (except those associated with a camera).

6. For full specifications of the phone click Here.

7. You can watch videos on your N-Gage. Visit these two threads for more details,

To convert to .rm: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...threadid=16873

To convert to .3gp: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...threadid=17361

8. The N-Gage doesnt have a built in nor add on camera. Bluetooth cameras available on the market wont allow transfer to the n-gage either. The only method is via swapping the memory card in your digital camera if it uses mmc.

9. You can purchase fascias for the N-Gage from www.allack.co.uk and www.mobilefun.co.uk.

10. PC Suite ONLY works via bluetooth, NOT via the usb cable. The usb cable can be used to transfer data to the memory card only. Pc Suite will allow access to both the Device Memory and the MMC. It can be used to back up contacts and calendar entries etc.

11. You must fully charge your phone before using it to allow maximum capacity.

12. Some memory cards larger than 128mb will work in the N-Gage. There is a list of cards that work that can be found here.

13. Newbies read this post thoroughly. If you still have any questions use the Search fucntion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to connect your N-Gage to your PC

Step 1.
Before you do anything. Place your MMC into your phone and format it.

Step 2.
Place the N-Gage disc (that comes with the phone) into your cd rom.

If youve got XP: Connect your N-Gage to your pc with the USB cable. Leave windows to find all the necessary drivers automatically. Your MMC in your N-Gage will now be recognised as a removeable drive in 'My Computer'.

If you havent got XP: Do the same as above. If nothing happens, run the program on the N-Gage disc and install Audio Manager.

If any of the above does not work click Here

Step 3.
Once the MMC is recognised by your PC, simply drag and drop any files you want onto the MMC (removeable drive).

Step 4.
Download FExplorer from HERE and place it on your MMC.
Once on the MMC go to your menu then Tools --> Manager --> FExplorer --> Options --> Install

Follow all the on screen intructions. This has installed a file browser for you N-Gage. You can now access all the files on your N-Gage and MMC which 'Manager' can't see (like Java games).

Hopefully this will prevent the same question being asked over and over.

SAbz

Old 23-06-2004, 03:43 AM

CybaCowboy is on a distinguished road
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N-Gage: Nokia6600/1.0 (3.42.1) SymbianOS/7.0s Series60/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

The Concord Eye-Q Go Wireless (http://www.concord-camera.com) features built-in bluetooth and is FULLY compatible with the Nokia N-Gage, the Nokia N-Gage QD and most other bluetooth-enabled devices... Why buy the new Nokia 7610? It's (the 7610) camera is only 1.3 mega pixels- the bluetooth camera above is T-W-O mega pixels!

Home page: http://www.openoffice.org.au
Suite Overview: http://www.openoffice.org.au/products

Old 27-08-2004, 12:48 PM

da22a is on a distinguished road
Ill give you a reason....

Maybe the 7610 on contract/upgrade is a whole lot cheaper than a two mega pixel digital camera with bluetooth features also...

Last edited by da22a; 27-08-2004 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Missed a bit out

Old 01-09-2004, 11:58 AM

Shane hunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by da22a
Ill give you a reason....

Maybe the 7610 on contract/upgrade is a whole lot cheaper than a two mega pixel digital camera with bluetooth features also...
no that camerea is only 50 quid... that is a lot cheaper than a brand new phone