All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-09-2009, 02:40 PM

EdgeManiac is on a distinguished road
Question E71 Lotus Traveler Problems

Please help me someone. I have an E71 with Lotus Notes Traveler loaded which I use to sync my Lotus Notes mail and calander on my PC. All has been running smoothly from instalation of Traveler on my E71 till 2 weeks ago. It just stopped updating. It does not download new mail or calander entries.

All entries and mails prior to 26th Aug. '09 are still on the phone but no new activity is happening. My phone is working perfectly well (i.e. it has not crashed NOR have I loaded any new software - in fact nothing has changed).

I un-installed the Traveler a number of times and re-installed BUT this has not made any difference. Its as if it has stopped communicating with the server although when I sync it states 'Syncing' and then states 'Updated' and gives the time and date BUT no new mails or entries.

Someone mentioned that this might have to do with the security settings on the phone. I have tried to play around BUT am not that clued up about this.

Can someone out there please help me.

Thanks

Edge

Old 14-09-2009, 11:36 PM

jagga is on a distinguished road
I think you'll need to try the following.

Within the Traveler app there is a function to check the server connection (if I'm not mistaken) and there you can see if any issues are present. Also you'll want to have the admin remove you from the server, uninstall the app (and settings), have the Traveler/Domino Admin re-add you to the Traveler add-on to the Domino server, then re-install the application on the E71 and set it up.

Lastly have the admin check if any remote wipe functions where set. IF that was done (before removal from Traveler wireless synching above), the E71 seemingly doesn't support this function. Thats what I've read from an administrators blog which I've featured on mine.

Hoping some of this helps.
I'm at work and cannot see my own blog but digg there and search for Traveler. I've provided all links to all public help regarding Traveler and another link to a professional admin playing with E71 and traveler v8.5.1 and maybe he can assist you via email.

Regards,

Old 24-09-2009, 08:16 AM

Kasey1 is on a distinguished road
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh,I feel the same too

Old 20-01-2010, 11:16 AM

sibabar is on a distinguished road
lotus notes error on e71

Babar here. I am also facing such problems. I installed lotus notes traveler a month ago, and till the last week it was running fine. Then suddenly my composed / replied e-mails are not going ahead from outbox folder. I tried several times by pressing send/receive but no response.

I have upgraded the software as well as removal/reinstallation of lotus notes several times but the same error still exists. Before recent installation, I had to restore factory default setting due to which my set got zero, but it did not work either.

Also there is no sync error and it shows 'device is connected to the server and uptodate' !!

Can someone please help my in this

thnx
Babar

Old 01-02-2010, 06:56 PM

withoutme is on a distinguished road
same problem here .. anyone an idea to solve this problem?