All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 15-01-2008, 12:26 AM
stiofansisland stiofansisland is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 102
stiofansisland is on a distinguished road
PimpMyFon Update

hello ppl, havent posted any pics up here for a while so i thought id post the latest pics.. please let me know wot u think

this is the latest glow in the dark cover... the last blue one i did didnt last very long but this one lasts for 3+ hours havent timed it exactly it says should last 12 hours but only tested it till 3...



this is the latest custom order iv done, metalick black front and rear for n95 + front keypad!






feedback apriciated, apart from the obvious (i need a beter camera)

should be needing a beta tester for the glow cover by next week! i'll post on here so dont worry.

thanx steven

feedback plz..........
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Custom Mobile Fascia's/Covers... www.PimpMyFon.com

  #2  
Old 15-01-2008, 01:10 AM
zxon's Avatar
zxon zxon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chapel-en-le-Frith, UK
Posts: 1,256
zxon is on a distinguished road
Dude you really need a better camera! LOL Only kiddin'!

I like the metallic cover. Nicely done! The glow in the dark one looks wierd though. Only looks good when its dark
__________________
Phone History

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

Last edited by zxon; 15-01-2008 at 01:16 AM.

  #3  
Old 15-01-2008, 10:28 AM
3Shirts 3Shirts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,285
3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxon View Post
Dude you really need a better camera! LOL Only kiddin'!

I like the metallic cover. Nicely done! The glow in the dark one looks wierd though. Only looks good when its dark
Sadly that is often the case. I saw a guy who painted his S13 Nissan 200SX in glow in the dark paint which was cool at night but in the day it was just a dirty off white colour
Ads

  #4  
Old 15-01-2008, 10:29 AM
stiofansisland stiofansisland is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 102
stiofansisland is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxon View Post
Dude you really need a better camera! LOL Only kiddin'!

I like the metallic cover. Nicely done! The glow in the dark one looks wierd though. Only looks good when its dark
lol, yip i know

yeh the black one turnd out gd, wot u think of the blackd out symbols on the front keys? i think it looks good but thats just my opinion wot dus every1 else think?

the glow one was silver but the glow paint is kind of milky so it now looks grey! next plan is to spray on with a kawasaki green base first so it's green in the day and then glows green @ night! i have another plan to use a candy dye in the laquer aswell so that u can have diffrent coloures, would still glow green though! i teste the cover and it's now tested to 10 hours! still glowing after 10 hours!!not as bright, but in a dark room u can instantly see it) do u reckon this is a good product? would any1 have one once it's a finnishd product?

feedback guys plz....
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Custom Mobile Fascia's/Covers... www.PimpMyFon.com

  #5  
Old 15-01-2008, 01:54 PM
zxon's Avatar
zxon zxon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chapel-en-le-Frith, UK
Posts: 1,256
zxon is on a distinguished road
I dunno how good it would be. I was originally going to say that it would be really cool if you're in a nightclub, as you could see your phone glowing practically all night! The problem with that however, is that others can see it too... including potential thieves.

I've sent you a PM regarding a custom order I'd like
__________________
Phone History

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

  #6  
Old 15-01-2008, 02:03 PM
bartmanekul bartmanekul is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,653
bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
I think a glowing phone doesnt mean much stealingwise. If your careless enough to get it nicked, then its going to anyway.

About the glow in the dark, I suspect you will have some people wanting it to NOT glow for that long. Personally, Id prefer the 30 mins one.

I'll have a word with various family members, see if they are willing to pay for a glow in the dark phone. If you give a list of colours (as they would be in the daytime) and prices, I'll pass it on.

I like the metallic black. A lot. Not sure about the buttons, Id have to see that 'in person', and see what its like to use it.

Im impressed with the stuff you can do, obviously you know your stuff.

  #7  
Old 15-01-2008, 02:39 PM
kontraband's Avatar
kontraband kontraband is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,666
kontraband is on a distinguished road
yeah, the metallic looks cool.. might look a bit better if the water mark wasnt covering so much.?!?!

Either way, as bart says, look like you do a tidy job. Good effort fella.
__________________

  #8  
Old 15-01-2008, 07:52 PM
stiofansisland stiofansisland is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 102
stiofansisland is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartmanekul View Post
I think a glowing phone doesnt mean much stealingwise. If your careless enough to get it nicked, then its going to anyway.

About the glow in the dark, I suspect you will have some people wanting it to NOT glow for that long. Personally, Id prefer the 30 mins one.

I'll have a word with various family members, see if they are willing to pay for a glow in the dark phone. If you give a list of colours (as they would be in the daytime) and prices, I'll pass it on.

I like the metallic black. A lot. Not sure about the buttons, Id have to see that 'in person', and see what its like to use it.

Im impressed with the stuff you can do, obviously you know your stuff.
thanx fot the feedback muchly apriciated! i'll get onto doing a few diffrent glow in the adark colours and get back to u! the green lasts for ages and the glow blue lasts for about 30 minz so thers a choice ther aswell

the black buttons pictured are just as easy 2 use! the feel exactly the same and i never have to look at the keys to know wot it dus!
thanx again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontraband View Post
yeah, the metallic looks cool.. might look a bit better if the water mark wasnt covering so much.?!?!

Either way, as bart says, look like you do a tidy job. Good effort fella.
thanx! the watermark is quite prodminint i might have to make it less visable, thanx for the advice and feedback!!
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Custom Mobile Fascia's/Covers... www.PimpMyFon.com

  #9  
Old 16-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Mitchem Mitchem is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 46
Mitchem is on a distinguished road
Argh, so many to choose from!!! I love flip paint but also love the metallic black and the glow in the dark is funky too ='(... Hmm...

Is there any chance you could take a few pictures of the metallic black full fascia with standard front keypads (the phone open to so i can see the standard silver number keypad underneath). Im not sure if im keen on the keypad being totally covered and the symbols on the keys not visiable. Also is it possible to put the Nokia branding (NOKIA N95 in the front top left of the phone and NOKIA Nseries on the battery cover)?

Thanks!

  #10  
Old 16-01-2008, 06:33 PM
stiofansisland stiofansisland is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 102
stiofansisland is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchem View Post
Argh, so many to choose from!!! I love flip paint but also love the metallic black and the glow in the dark is funky too ='(... Hmm...

Is there any chance you could take a few pictures of the metallic black full fascia with standard front keypads (the phone open to so i can see the standard silver number keypad underneath). Im not sure if im keen on the keypad being totally covered and the symbols on the keys not visiable. Also is it possible to put the Nokia branding (NOKIA N95 in the front top left of the phone and NOKIA Nseries on the battery cover)?

Thanks!
lol dont worry im the same i keep changing mine aswell, cant decide wots my fav!

well that metalic black cover was a custom order, i did do a spare front cover but thats all iv got now! i can do the front cover with the original "nokia N95" and the back with "NOKIA" i havent got any of the back covers with the "NOKIA N Series" in yeh but i'll ask about them! i can also do the keys with logos intact! all these would be solid black and not metalic black! would still be as shinny though!

i was @ my friends 2night and he just got a 10m pixle digital camera and the quality of the foto's are amazing compared to my 7m camera... so i think i'll be investing in a 10m camera! any 1 wana buy a 7m pixle camers?


i just got some heat reactive samples in the post 2night, so i'll stick some foto's and maybe a video up l8r! they are just painted speed shapes so it's not on a fon cover but you will see the idea! it's kool as fek! i love it but it's sooo expensive! and ther is a minimum order from the suplyer and it's not cheap so i'll have to make sure it's worth it first!
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Custom Mobile Fascia's/Covers... www.PimpMyFon.com

  #11  
Old 16-01-2008, 11:47 PM
zxon's Avatar
zxon zxon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chapel-en-le-Frith, UK
Posts: 1,256
zxon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiofansisland View Post
i was @ my friends 2night and he just got a 10m pixle digital camera and the quality of the foto's are amazing compared to my 7m camera... so i think i'll be investing in a 10m camera! any 1 wana buy a 7m pixle camers?
I have a 10MP camera too, bought a year ago. It may not be one of the highest-brand models (Hewlett-Packard) but it was an absolute bargin and takes some excellent photos. I think though, judging from your photos, that you need to use the Macro option on your camera instead of buying a new one. It will allow you to take a photo very close up (usually within 10-30cm away, more expensive cameras work at closer ranges).

This is what a macro photo looks like on my camera. Maybe using the same feature you can achieve the same with your 7MP.
__________________
Phone History

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

  #12  
Old 17-01-2008, 01:07 AM
stiofansisland stiofansisland is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 102
stiofansisland is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxon View Post
I have a 10MP camera too, bought a year ago. It may not be one of the highest-brand models (Hewlett-Packard) but it was an absolute bargin and takes some excellent photos. I think though, judging from your photos, that you need to use the Macro option on your camera instead of buying a new one. It will allow you to take a photo very close up (usually within 10-30cm away, more expensive cameras work at closer ranges).

This is what a macro photo looks like on my camera. Maybe using the same feature you can achieve the same with your 7MP.
yeh thats with the macro option on!! lol, yeh min is a HP aswell and the pics are fine apartfrom closeups! i have to be about 20cm away b4 it will even loo like it'ws trying to focus! i used my friends kodak 10mp camera and i was honistly 3cm away with amazing quality! he wouldent let me steal it cos he just got it but i looked them up and u can get them off ebay for bout 90! think it's money well spent!

i like your foto with our colour samples in the background! good pic
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Custom Mobile Fascia's/Covers... www.PimpMyFon.com

  #13  
Old 17-01-2008, 11:36 AM
zxon's Avatar
zxon zxon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chapel-en-le-Frith, UK
Posts: 1,256
zxon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiofansisland View Post
yeh thats with the macro option on!!
Ah, right. Something wrong there How about staying a comfortable distance from your objects and either using optical zoom so it fills the screen or cropping the image when you put it on your computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiofansisland View Post
i like your foto with our colour samples in the background! good pic
No worries I had them out so I could pick out the ones I preferred for my phone.
__________________
Phone History

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open
 

Bookmarks

Tags
pimpmyfon, update

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update Ur Firmware To Generic Using Nokias Update App Biggzy Nokia N80 118 11-10-2007 09:21 AM
after software update n70 not working pls hlp simbianus Nokia N70, N72 and N90 0 06-10-2007 08:37 PM
Firmware update turned phone into English from Danish hassan14a Nokia N71, Nokia N73 and Nokia N75 6 17-05-2007 09:06 AM
Flash your P900 Firmware Now!!! Bigfeat Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 214 21-02-2006 05:43 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy